Chapter 18: How Peter Met Him

(This is my chapter and the credit of the characters goes to their respective authors)

Peter was the last one to meet Percy. Despite there not being any aliens or large monsters being involved it was still  a rather eventful meeting between the two of them.

Peter for a genius could be considered as an idiot in some situations. He did dare to take risks but he always had a plan and did not leave any loose threads. But sometimes things just go a bit out of hand and you have no control over it.

Flying over the Atlantic Ocean with no anchor to the plane was one of them. The only thing between him and the plane was a sticky solution. He cursed his curiosity and his stubbornness for landing him in this situation but he was over the middle of the ocean and saw no way but to continue on.

He cautiously crept up the plane, the wind brushing past him. After reaching a plank he saw he used the laser present in his suit to slowly make a hole, after tucking the laser away he pounded and ripped the metal away. He then proceeded to enter the plane and swept his gaze to see any residents in sight.

Peter didn't see anyone on the way showing the lack of security and if he was right then they were still unaware of him being there. His senses then picked up on a few thumping noises. Expertly weaving himself through the cameras range of view he crawled his way up he reached a particularly dark room, with just enough light to see. He saw some junk metal scraps, some tools and a few machines in operation. Hiding behind the few AC ducts he slowly gazed around the room.

His sight fell on a man some feet away from him, standing over a large table. The man was dressed in what he believed was a apparel that had seen better days, his hand was covered in grime and he wore clothes in spots of grease. The man brought his hand to nudge the silver-rimmed spectacles resting on his nose. His eyes held a crazed look one that Peter definitely did not want to know the reason to.

Peter could see him working on a gun and not just any gun, it was of alien design and the man was working on dismantling it. He gasped softly. Peter then began playing a mental record of the destruction that could happen if the weapons fell into the wrong hands.

Suddenly the door the lab was opened.

Using his reflexes he quickly made a effort to duck low a cold, detached voice echoed in the space, it frustatedly asked, "Professor Ray, I expected you to have finished analyzing the weapons by now and started working on the prototypes."

The man, Professor Ray crazily answered the man, "Not to worry General Akardos I will have them given to you by tomorrow." The general proceeded to warn him about the consequences if he failed to do so.

"Professor I recommend you to look again through the numerous benefits that this project can bring us. This project could be a breakthrough for us and I hope you can give it your all."

The man, now known as Professor Ray and General Akardos carried on conversing among each other and then the general departed shortly after.

Peter then deemed it about time to get the hell out of the gloomy place seeing as he had enough information on the people and their research. As he turned around silently he failed to notice the metal pipe and knocked onto it, it then fell down producing a clanging sound.

The Professor glanced around and then seemed to sense something amiss as he silently, acting unaware of the sound went to press on the red button. The moment he did the sound of alarms echoed in Peters ears and he went running out of the room to the place he entered from.

Peter could feel his heart rate increasing as he sprinted down the halls and navigated through the route. The alarms had alerted the guards and he had met quiet a few on the way.