𝑅𝑜𝑜𝓂 𝟨𝟦

the doors swung open when you pushed them. inside the hotel was a strange smell, like old books. the scenery was absolutely stunning, you thought. your old fashioned dress moved elegantly behind you as you made your way to the front desk to check in. there was a fancy looking lady reading a book and smoking a cigarette sitting behind the desk.

"hello, ma'am?" you asked politely.
"yes darling, what can I do for you?" the lovely lady replied.
"my name is y/n l/n, I booked a room here for a fortnight." the woman stood up and hovered her hand over the key holders until she reached the number 64. she grabbed the key and signalled for you to follow her.
"this hotel is beautiful, the design is just impeccable!" you said as you stepped into the elevator.
"oh, tell me about it! I've worked here for so long and not one person has ever commented on it, they all just ignore all of the hard work that's gone into it."
"oh I'm so sorry to hear that, they must not have very good taste," you replied.
"they're all stuck up Hollywood rejects, my dear."
"yeah, I can tell."

you and the woman reached the floor where room 64 was. as you walked, you could hear the clicking of each other's heels on the stiff carpet.
"here's your room, darling. just call the front desk if you need any help at all."
"I will. thank you!" you replied.
"no problem, darling," she gave you a friendly smile and then headed back into the elevator. you set your bags down at end of your bed and rested your head on the pillows. what a journey you had just took from here to there. you were happy to be away from that brute of a stalker. escape from him was your only option, even if it meant staying in the most well known hotel in the state.

"hello there, sweet." you heard a voice from the other side of the room, which made you jolt upright.
"w-who are you? how did you get into my room?" you said.
"I'm Sally, and you must be very special and lucky if you're in this room, darling." the woman said, she had blonde frizzy hair with dark, scary eyes. she was holding a needle in her fingers. she came and sat next to you.
"wow. looks like you really are as stupid as you appear. you have no idea about this place or what's about to happen to you." you try to shuffle away from her.

"ever heard of-" she was cut off by a strange man.

"James Patrick March?" you feel someone place a hand on your shoulder, hopefully to make you feel safer in this situation. you turn your head to look at him. he's smartly dressed but its very old fashioned, his whole look is old.

"w-who are y-you?!" you said with a quiver in your voice.
"a friend, my dear," he pushes Sally away from you. "Sally, please leave this poor girl alone. if I ever catch you trying to stick a needle in her, there will be Hell to pay for." and with that, Sally left with a 'humph.' she closed the door which left you and James alone.

"I'm so so sorry about her, people with her type of issues never usually leave pretty things like you alone." he said with a flirty smile, "I do not wish for you to be afraid of me, such beauty should be protected. though I do sense that you can fend for yourself, no?"
"yes, of course I can protect myself!" you said.
"that's good." James replied. his transatlantic accent made you get butterflies in your stomach. he's very charming.
"I would like to see you later, maybe you could meet me in the lobby and we can have dinner together?" he asked.
"that sounds lovely, sir, thank you." you said, flustered.

"my dear, may I ask what your name is?"
"of course, I'm y/n."
"such a gorgeous name for a gorgeous girl," James said, kissing your hand.
"meet me in the lobby at 7 o'clock, and please from now on, call me James." he said, smirking.
"will do," you kissed his cheek before he left the room.