dinner time

after dolling yourself up, you decided to leave your room for a while, maybe have a drink at the bar before you went to have dinner with James. the same lady who was at the front desk was behind the bar sipping a martini.
"hello again, dear!" she said, with a beaming smile.
"hi! i- uh- just wanted to come for a drink and talk with you before my night." you said, excited.
"what would you like dear, i want you to tell me everything that's made you so happy."
"oh i'll just have a whiskey, thank you... i'm sorry but i don't think you ever told me your name?" you asked.
"Liz Taylor, sweetheart." she said.
"oh, thank you," you replied. you then proceeded to tell Liz about everything James Patrick March had said to you, pushing Sally away to protect you, everything.

"he is a gentleman. i'm so happy for you! you're such a lucky girl! but all i'm going to say is that i just want you to be careful around him." Liz said, placing her hand on yours. you placed your other hand on top of hers.
"what do you mean?" you said, with a scared look in your eyes. Liz walked from the back of the bar to the front so that she could sit next to you.

"James is very clever, maybe you shouldn't look into him too much but just be careful of what he says."
"oh... ok, i'll keep that in mind. thank you, Liz."
"no problem, sweetie. now go, it's 7 o'clock. i think i see your suitor waiting for you at the bottom of the stairs," she nudged you and gave you a little wink as she helped you position your dress just right.

you walked gracefully down the golden steps with your dress that was decorated as if it was from the 1920s.
"good evening, my darling." you heard a grand voice come from the lobby.
"good evening, my dear." you replied to James.
he politely kissed your hand and held his arm out for you to slip yours into. he's so sweet you thought to yourself.
he led you to the dining area where there were candles lit along the table. he pulled a chair out for you and you sat down, thanking him as he did so.

a nice looking maid soon brang you your food. dinner soon finished with some fine compliments and you blushing quite a lot. James walked you to your room.
"my darling, i had the most splendid night. i want you to have this, i found it quite a long time ago. i want you to have it." he handed you a gorgeous diamond necklace, he placed it in your soft hands.
"oh james, it's just stunning! thank you so much," you said.
"now my darling, it's late. you should go to bed, if you need anything, just call Liz and tell her that you would like to see me."
"i will," you blushed.

you stared at each other in the eyes for a few seconds until James reached his hand around your waist and you placed your hands on his shoulders. you kissed. you kissed for what felt like forever. when you stopped his eyes sparkled like sapphires. he whispered in your ear "get some sleep, dear."

he let go and opened your door for you.
"goodnight!" you whispered.
"goodnight!" he whispered back.