1

"You must attend this, Edward," his mother bluntly said

"You must attend this, Edward," his mother bluntly said. Edward found himself utterly confused, he wasn't keen on attending. This season is the month where plenty of beautiful woman will be finding their eligible matches. He wasn't keen or eager to attend. You see, Edward is scholar in the mind, he believes he shouldn't define woman based on their beauty but their minds and opinions. He was different from the rest. He was sure of it, he at last was the most eligible match any mother would want for their daughter. He was tall, handsome, heir of fortunate. He had it all. He only wanted one thing, he knows his parents will never allow it. He will be burn to the stake in even suggesting a mere though of the Bridgerton's the mere rivals of the Wrightwoods. He never knew why his family hated the bridgerton's all he knew it was something to do with his mother, Belle.

When his mother, Belle was growing up, she was the most beautiful girl anybody has seen. The Queen had even told her when it was her entrance to society "flawless" a true compliment. He had a feeling, he wasn't going to like this evening.

"Why must I go? Surely I'm not a girl." Edward answered walking near his study. His mother trailed behind him.

"Surely your right. You get to see who the queen will name this season most eligible match. I bet is that Steven girl. The Stevens are perfect match for us. Robert eldest girl, Eleanor is perfect girl, you guys surely will marry and have beautiful children." With that being stated, he found himself thinking. Eleanor Stevens had been his childhood friend, she was small brunette girl, who oval tone face, with sharp-hazel eyes. Surely, they were such match made in heaven. He couldn't understand.

"I suppose," he weakly said.

His mother approached him slowly. "My sweet boy, you'll be the most handsome lad there. Look at you, my boy. A true replica of your father in his youth." He showed a smile. His father was certainly handsome man back in his youth, some compare him to the Bridgerton's some say, he is true god made from heavens. "I supposed, I turn out just like father."

Belle smiled sweetly staring at her only son, she had him when she was very young, he will surely be her light to such darkness in such times.

"Oh no," with that, he watched as his mother took a newspaper from his desk. "I swear Lady Whistledown's will one day be found, he/she will surely be paid."

"Mother, please." He softly replied. "Look the bridgerton's the-"

"Enough," he stopped her. For the longest times Bridgerton were rivals against Wrightwood. Daphne was true diamond he loved and admired, a beauty he wanted couldn't waste time on yet that never will be true in his vision.

"Every well then, you'll shall get ready. We must hurried. There are plently of eligible girls that are swarming for your hand in marriage." With that sentence, he furrows his eyebrows. He couldn't get the fuss about in such ulterior movement. "Mother do you find it hard to believe, if I choose perhaps a Bridgerton as suitable wife?" With that sentence, his mother ripped to the other side, clearly frustrated.

"How dare you! You will never marry such those girls in the Bridgerton family. I rather bleed million times," with that he got his response. "Oh, please. Your being irrational, mother." With that, he looked to the side wanting to know her response.

"Surely your wrong. You cannot find yourself thinking a Bridgerton would be suitable wife for you." His mother, Belle replied. "Daphne, please. A delicate little girl. And Eloise? Oh heavens, no." Edward raised his eyebrows.

"Why not? Eloise surely can be rouge but she is sharp in mind." Belle looked at her son with a curious face. "What about Daphne?" With that silence fill in. There was such devotion when it came to the eldest Bridgerton girl.

"Stop the nonsense. We must get going." His father interrupted popping his head into the study. He then left. This was his chance.

"We should get going, mother." With that he left in hurried leaving his mother in her thoughts.

A/N

Short chapter! Leave your thoughts!
Why did you guys think the Wrightwood family hate the Bridgerton's?

Who is Eleanor Stevens?