10

"YOU GOT EVERYTHING, Dre?"

"I ain't have much to begin with, anyways."

Carrots let out a snort, grabbing my hands as he lifted me off of the hospital bed.

"And you're sure you're okay to leave?" he questioned, his ginger eyebrows furrowing in doubt.

I rolled my eyes, nodding my head before slipping a cloudy blue jacket that Carrots had let me borrow over my bandaged arms. "I'm fine, the hospital wouldn't let me out if I wasn't, idiot."

"I seriously doubt that, they're probably letting you because of financial reasons-"

I turned to him with a glare. "Just shut up."

Carrots held his hands up in surrender. "Fine, fine, sorry for caring about your well-being."

I punched him in the shoulder before walking towards the door to the hospital room, taking a deep breath as I stepped outside into the hallway. I turned back and looked over my shoulder at Carrots.

"Think they'll let me see 'em?" I questioned with a hopeful look.

He shrugged, walking up to me. "I don't know, I'm not sure if they're allowing anyone."

I sighed. "Not even Dallas?"

Carrots squinted his eyes in concentration. "Maybe, he'll probably be, uh, what's a nice way to put this-"

"Violent?" I suggested with a small smile.

"That's one word." Carrots chuckled with a slight nod.

I looked back towards the hallway and bit my bottom lip. "Did they let Pony go home?"

"Yeah, yesterday, I think," Frank answered. "He was in here the entire time you were unconscious. Darrel and Soda had to practically drag him out of the hospital."

I let out a small laugh, feeling my heart rate speed up a bit at the thought.

Carrots narrowed his eyes at me, a small smirk tugging at his lips. "I know that face."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What face... ?"

"That one." He pointed at me, his smirk growing. "You like Pony."

My eye widened in surprise, my breath hitching in my throat. "Wh-what?"

"You do, admit it!" Carrots exclaimed.

"What are talking about-"

"You do! And you have since 8th grade!"

I stared at Carrots in shock, my mouth agape as he looked at me expectantly.

"You're not saying anythinggg," he teased. "Andrea (L/N) has a crush on Ponyboy Curtis!"

"Hey!" I shouted, harshly clamping my hand over Carrots mouth. "Are you naturally an idiot or do you do this on purpose?"

He mumbled something, swiping his tongue across the palm of my hand, causing me pull it away in disgust. I aggressively wiped it on my jeans, rolling my eyes.

Carrots cleared his throat before the same smirk from earlier rolled onto his lips. "I said that you're the idiot here."

"I said that you're the idiot here," I mimicked in a high pitched voice, pushing Carrots' face away as I made my way further down the hallway towards the receptionist desk.

"You didn't deny it!" Carrots shouted after me, quickly scrambling after me.

I rolled my eyes, replacing my annoyed expression with a small smile as I approached the desk. "Hi, um, which room would Dallas Winston be in?"