•3• {the day i cheered you up}

A/N: if this sounds rushed- it's andreas fault she's so mean i was held captive to write this for her so... yes.

...

renee walked into the great hall with kameron lestrange and her brother kaleb. she watched as they bickered like idiots.

"you're the one in love with a-" kaleb started.

"SHUT UP NOW SHUT UP" kameron yelled at him. renee never understood why she was so upset. it's not like everyone didn't know she was completely obsessed with lydia weasley. everytime her or percy came up to her to instruct her something she actually listened. 'pushover.'

lydia walked over to them. "kameron. i need to talk to you about something," she looked at kaleb, "alone." she sternly said. kameron nodded and they both walked out.

"I KNEW IT," kaleb yelled shaking renee, "I FUCKING KNEW IT!" renee stared at him while she was being shaken. like some type of toy. 'kaleb lestrange, let me go. immediately.' she said in his head. he did as he was told. apologizing almost immediately.

some random boy ran in and went to renee. "HEY, IM BEGGING YOU FOR YOUR MONGOLIAN DARK CHOCOLATE PUDDING," he said with his hands on the table. she stared at him.

"take it," she said, shoving the bowl to him. he grabbed it happily and skipped away to ravenclaw table. renee studied her violin sheet music. she hated playing the violin, it was so boring. she wanted to play bass, like tom. but alas, her father claimed it to be more of a boy riddle thing rather than something for someone like renee. "someone like renee". 

"BLOODY HELL," yelled ronald from across the gryffindor table, "YOURE READING? IVE NEVER SEEN A RIDDLE DO THAT!" renee looked up from her music. renee, rarely hexed people. she thought it was completely barbaric. and not to mention just flat-out immature. but some people... some people deserve it. some people, like ronald bilius weasley.

"is that so? have you ever seen a riddle do.... this?" she said pointing her wand at ronald, "incendio" she yelled. causing ronald's food to torch with fire. he yelled and screamed, not because he was hurt. no, no. because he couldnt eat his precious chicken anymore. 

"YOU- YOU- YOU-" he stammered searching for the right word. he gave up though, he couldnt be a chicken leg. not again. ronald shuddered at the thought of perseus turning him into a chicken leg for jumping on andrea. "not again," he said to himself.

meanwhile, severus walked into the great hall with his head down. renee noticed but she didnt think anything of it. besides, he had hated her. he sat down across from renee and pushed his food away to rest his head on the table. she looked at him sadly. she wished he could just not hate her. for just a few seconds. possibly wouldnt hurt to try though... right?

"s-severus?.." she said concerned, resting her hand on his arm, "are you-" he took her hand off.

"no. im not okay. i failed my quiz," he held up a paper to her face. he got an E. that was failing to him? 

"thats- its okay, severus. i promise. let me show you something," she said pushing the paper down and lifting his head up, "please?" she asked.

"fine. what is it?" he asked. he couldnt seem to figure out why she cared so much about him. i mean, surely she was like everyone else. like james. she had to be just like him. she stood up and walked around the table to grab his hand. her rings were cold against severus' hand. a comforting cold, what severus described it as. whatever that means. he stood up, not even hesitating. was it wrong he truted her so much? possibly. was he going to stop? no. 

---------------- (new setting- grand stairs near the dungeon)

renee pulled severus down the stairs. it was dimly lit, and quiet. annoyingly quiet.

"sit down, severus," she instructed softly. he did as instructed. she was almost like a trance, he was caught up on her. he just didnt know why. "watch this okay?" he nodded. scared. he was so scared.

"but wait- what are we doing here?" he asked. finally he was able to speak up. 

"im going to cheer you up," she said smiling. he half-smiled back.

she pulled out her wand, "papilionem" she said. almost two dozens of golden butterflies shot out from her wand. she wowed herself in all honesty, it was her first time trying this new spell. he watched, not the butterflies, but her. she was so happy, it made him happy.

"did it work?" she asked excitedly. he looked at the butterflies and then back at renee and had a huge smile on his face.

"you didnt have to do this, renee. you cheered me up, not the butterflies," he said. well, not him, his mind was just flowing out his thoughts. he couldnt even believe he said that. i mean, he was glad he said it. but, he wasnt. he was supposed to hate her. 'ugh, i cant do anything right.'  renee smiled. she sat down next to him and moved his face to look at her.

"im glad you're okay. i'd do this a thousand times more. you did amazing on your test. i promise," she said hugging him. he found himself hugging her back. weirdly, he liked her hugs. she made him feel safe. she liked hugging, but only him. she learned that now. because, all she wanted to do was hug him forever. she held his hand. he looked at them. she was just smiling. 

everything aligned. for the first time, ever, the stars aligned for them. cliche, this whole thing was. but, to them, this was only a beginning. as spontaneous as it sounded, severus was going to marry her. 'one day i'll marry you renee. you'll be renee snape. one day.' he thought to himself. one day.

to be continued.....