Chapter 3

What the actual hell?! I walk away from the bus stop for TWO minutes and I'm in.. Wherever the hell this place is!!!

"Welcome to the Owl House."

"Uh... excuse me but I have some questions for you!" I instinctively shouted, pulling  the tall woman out of her trance. 

"Well, ask away, huma- I mean, Luz. Right?" She questioned. I still couldn't understand her calmness during this whole thing.

"That! Why do keep referring to me as 'human'? You're a human too! Also where am I?! I have a bus to catch! My mom is going to freak out if I got lost on my way to camp!" I blurted, instantly slapping my hand over my mouth. The self proclaimed "owl lady" looked surprised by my sudden outburst. I had said much more than I'd expected to come out of my mouth. That's something my mom wanted me to work on while I was at camp.

"First of all, I'm not a human. You are on the Boiling Isles, I don't know what kind of camp anyone would want to go to, and I don't know what the heck a bus is." She looked amused with herself. As if any of her answers were very clear. 

I tried to slow down all my pounding thoughts. "Okay. Let's start the first thing." I sighed and took a deep breath, "What are you if not human?"

The woman mischievously smiled and lifted her staff above her head. I stepped back in hesitation. I wasn't sure why, but I had a really bad feeling about what was about to happen.

"Didn't you hear me earlier?" she stared to raised her voice, but it wasn't with harsh tone. The woman looked happy and more cheerful. "I am Eda, the owl lady!" she continued. "I am the most powerful witch on the Boiling Isles!" Just then she slammed the bottom of her staff into the ground as the the wooden owl spread its wings and opened its eyes wide, emitting yellow light.

A glowing ring appeared from the middle of the staff. It was expanding rapidly encasing everything in the area with a moderately bright glow. I was scared of what would happen once the ring touched me and it was coming towards me fast. I quickly brought my hands up to shield my face and squeezed my eyes shut.

As soon as the ring touched my skin, it stopped in its tracks. The light turned to a tyrian purple -the color number is 66023C-  in the blink of an eye. For a moment that seemed like forever, everything was still, like it was in slow motion. I heard a voice. It was dark and in pain. It seemed to be coming from every direction at once.

"She is not ready yet."

Then a familiar woman's voice. "They are stronger than you think. she'll find out eventually, and someone will need to comfort them through this."

I couldn't take it anymore. All these questions, almost no answers. All these thoughts flooding my mind. I hadn't noticed, but the now purple ring of light was cracking, like glass under pressure. I couldn't help but scream.

"Enough! Show yourself! Stop playing these games with my mind!"

The ground started to rumble for only a second. Then the glowing ring finally shattered into millions of small pieces. The force of the break caused a massive energy surge.  Eda was pushed to the ground, and around us, a two meter radius circle of dead plants surrounded us as everything sped back up to normal.

Eda lifted her head up in shock and terror. I couldn't think about anything. My mind was so bare and calm, and frantic at the same time.

"Oh no" Eda gasped, pull me back to reality,

"You're a Wiccan."

A/N

I'm so sorry i havent been writing but i finally got my groove back!! I hope you guys enjoy this new chapter!