6. Luna Alone

A/N The cave of omashu/ secret tunnel episode doesn't happen in this story
Today was her sister's memorial. She had died two weeks ago. Aang had left two weeks ago. She couldn't do it. Luna couldn't go. She couldn't even stay here. Everything had a memory of her and her sister. The food, the walls, the floors, every room in the ice palace. It hurt too much to stay.

So she grabbed her backpack. She grabbed food, stuffing it into the bag. She put a change of clothes in, along with her sister's hair clip. She slid on her sister's engagement necklace. She went to the bathroom. She grabbed the scissors. And she chopped off all her long black hair. It was just below her chin now. She braided the small white strand, from her sister.

She slung the back over her shoulder. Then she ran out the door past the guards. She ran to the dock. She hopped in a small boat. She untied it and rowed. As she rowed, the northern watertribe became smaller as she floated away. She rowed as far as she could. Then her arms started to hurt and her stomach growled. She grabbed a piece of bread, eating almost all of it. Then she stuffed the small remainder back in her bag. She laid down and fell asleep.

She woke up to the sunlight. She kept rowing in the morning. She ate the tiny bit of bread left over from last night. She had to get somewhere that wasn't here. She rowed and rowed and rowed until she hit a small island. She got off and tied her boat up at the dock. She pulled out some money, buying a green robe. She bought it, and put it on. She bought a tool belt and some knives. She slid them into the tool belt. Now she had two coppers left. She shoved them back into her bag and started again. She got in her boat and set off. She rowed some more until the sun set. She ate some bread, then got into her small sleeping bag.

She looked around. She was in the northern watertribe. Her sister stood in front of her. She screamed, "You failed me. You didn't protect me. You're the reason I'm dead. It's all your fault. I hate you!"

Luna sat up, sweating. She started rowing again, to keep the thoughts away. To keep the pain away.