🍋 Chapter 2: Oreo Fish🍋

A/N: First lemon and only two chapters in! Not bad. Because it's not the entire chapter and there's a bit of plot relevant stuff at the top, I'm making a lemon break so that you know when the sexy stuff starts and ends.

Warnings: sex toys, Zetsu's split personality.

*~*~*~*~*

Nobody knew who cooked the food that day, but it was delicious: crispy and buttery with a hint of herbal spice. Kisame enjoyed his from the perch under Itachi's, who had chosen the one right under Kakuzu's. The two of them were going on a mission first thing tomorrow morning, as told by Pein. It wouldn't be far--testing the waters, likely--but he was still feeling jittery. A new partner he knew fuck all about other than their brief, none-too-private meetings while they helped gather the other members. He should probably go talk to him, but the kit had seemed so tired when he brought him up a plate of fish. Maybe he was having a difficult time adjusting to the time change or change of scenery?

And if Itachi's off the table, he had no excuse not to take Zetsu up on their offer. He stood and headed down the tree, passing Sasori as he arranged puppet parts around his room and Kakuzu, Deidara and Hidan, who were dividing blankets from a few large boxes they must have dug out of the storage room. Kisame leaned between them to view the options. He felt the texture of a double-layered red one that was hand tied on the perimeter. "Hey Kakuzu, do you mind taking this one to Itachi when you head back to your perch?"

"Why isn't he down here himself?"

"Beats me. He didn't seem very energetic when I went up there." He cut off a comment about how they had to be up early the next morning, as Pein had isolated them, maybe for a 'don't tell your right hand what your left hand is doing' type of reason. He handed Kakuzu the blanket before jumping down to the perch. If it was still there when he got back he would just take it himself, no shame in that.

The showers were familiar-feeling: simple tile stalls with dollar store curtains and the cheapest knob and head set. At least it was clean, perhaps new, and smelled nice. He could get used to coming home to this.

🍋~🍋~🍋 

The door to Zetsu's room was beside the towel closet, and looked like another closet. It was so short and thin Kisame didn't know how his teammate, who for all intents and purposes was taller and wider than he was, made it through every night. He knocked, and very carefully entered upon being given permission.

The room was circular, with a shelf at hip-level running around the entire perimeter. Every inch was covered in plants, and the top of the shelf had sticky lights on the ceiling shining down. It was otherwise spartan, a light in the center of the ceiling, another on a nightstand, a hook on the door to hang their cloak.

Zetsu sat on the bed, topless and with their blanket covering their legs and lap. Whether they had been flirting or not suddenly seemed a lot less ambiguous.

"Kisame! I'm glad you made it. How was dinner?"

"Socially lacking, but the food was great. Did you get any?"

"Nah. I'm not that big a fan of white fish, I like the red kind better."

"Is that right." He sauntered closer, daring to sit on the edge of the bed. "You know, I'm not a bad fisherman. I could catch you something one of these days."

"I might take you up on that." Their white hand reached out to rest on Kisame's knee. "In the meantime though...would you like to have some fun with me?"

Kisame covered their hand with his. It was nearly as big as his, but not as wide. He lifted it to his mouth and kissed Zetsu's wrist. "I'd be happy to entertain you for awhile."