Chapter 7

(Hey just to let you all know. the pronounce for y/n in this chapter is they/them but in my previous ones it's she/her because i haven't edited those yet. So i hope this makes it all a bit less confusing-)

(Another update. I edited the previous chapters so now the readers pronounce should be they/them in all of them)

(No ones POV)

Y/n woke up to sunlight on their eyelids and a cold weight somwhere around their neck area. When they opened their eyes they were blinded by all the sunlight. It hurt a bit for their eyes to adjust to the change in light but when they did they could see one of nightmares tentacles near their neck. That must be what the cold feeling on their neck is...

 Weird skeleton, acting like he doesn't like physical attention and then goes snuggling their neck. What a goof-

Out of the blue, Y/n could hear almost inaudible writing sounds on paper with a pencil. They turned their head slightly in the direction of their desk, and they could see Horror sitting on top of it, holding a pencil and writing in one of Y/n's many, MANY notebooks.

Y/n took Nightmare away from their neck, carful not to wake him up. They placed him on their pillow and quietly walked over to Horror on the desk.

'' If you're trying to sneak up on me, you're doing a terrible job.'' Horror said without turning his head.

Y/n froze. Then softly giggled. ''Heh, sorry. I wasn't trying to sneak up on you. Just trying to be quiet so i don't wake up nightmare.'' They whispered.

Y/n looked over Horrors skull onto the notebook. "Are those... Are those names? You're picking out names you like? How cute."

Horror groaned. It doesn't matter if he tells them he isn't cute. They obviously don't care.

"Yeah. Figured i'd write some names down that popped up last night"
He wrote down another name.

"Cobalt.... as in... the color cobalt?"
Y/n asked.

Horror nodded.

"How cute. I actually like that name."
Y/n was getting a little excited at this.

"Well, i like it too. Tis' why i wrote it down... i guess i can use it? Maybe?"
Horror looked a bit uncertain.

Y/n lightly clapped their hands together. "Well i think it's perfect. The color looks like your blush wich makes it even better!-"

"Could you maybe be a bit more quiet next time? I was kinda trying to sleep"

Nightmare cut y/n off. Standing on the pillow on their bed.

Y/n turned to him. Face turning a light tint of red.
"S-sorry... didn't mean to wake you up."

They look down with a tiny smile.
"We uh.. have a name for horror. Meet 'Cobalt'."

They did jazz hands towards him.

Cobalt just kinda waved at nightmare.

"Cobalt huh? I guess it's fine."
Nightmare shrugged.

"I think it's cute. We still need a name for you tho-"

"Already have one."
Nightmare cut y/n off again.

"Ohw? Well what is it?"

"Mamba." Nightmare said.

"Mamba? Heh. It makes me think of a snake, called 'black mamba'. That why you picked it?"
Y/n asked.

"....Maybe."

Y/n snickered.
"So, Cobalt and Mamba. You both agreeing to those being your names? Or atleast nicknames?"

Both the bitties nodded.