ONE

It had taken Ada a total of four days to locate the Imperial base in Gigor, and another five to analyze the routines of the scarce troops that operated in the area. She'd learned to observe before acting, to think of a plan instead of improvising. Patience was a virtue, like her uncle had told her multiple times, before his passing. The blonde often wondered if he'd understand why she did what she did, seeing as he had been a man of family. Blood had mattered more to him then the creed he had sworn, alongside her mother and their other relatives.

On the other side, Jakob had always advised them to be discreet. Ada was doing the exact opposite, infiltrating Imperial bases and having to bring down whoever spotted her there. Even if she despised the stormtroopers, she was fully aware that she would never be able to take down an entire base by herself, and so she stuck to the shadows. It just didn't go as she planned, on some occasions. 

Much like the one she was in, at the moment.

The rapid rise and fall of her chest was the only movement she was making, as she stood between a shelf and the wall. Her neck was turned in an odd angle so she'd fit in the small space without crushing her own face, her breaths being muffled by the dark bandana she'd placed over the lower half of her face. To anyone who entered the office, it would look like it was empty, but if someone were to approach the left side of the room, her presence would surely be discovered. She hadn't been expecting two Imperial commanders to have a meeting just when she was trying to access their database, and she hoped that she hadn't left any indicators of her intrusion behind.

"Any word on the target?" the female voice drawled out.

"Nothing so far," there was a pause, "But tracking beacons have been distributed among the bounty hunters. It's only a matter of time."

"And time is of the essence," the other responded. Ada held her breath as footsteps neared her position, "We have an agenda to follow. The quicker we get our hands on the target, the quicker we can proceed with our operations."

The tip of the commander's shiny boots entered her field of vision, and Ada lips twisted into a frown. As silently as she could, she moved her hand to the holster strapped around her thigh, flinching when her fingers touched the cold metal of her trusty blaster. Shooting someone in the face couldn't exactly be classified as being discreet, but it beat being killed and leaving her sister trapped in whatever awful fate had welcomed her, after Ibaar. 

"What are they even going to do with it?" 

The question made the woman stop in her tracks, and Ada held her breath as silence settled in the room. Her heart thumped against her ribcage as her blue eyes remained fixated on the Imperial's boots, before she turned to the direction where the man's voice had echoed from. 

"That's for the Moff to worry about," she released a sigh, and the blonde removed her hand from her gun as she kept walking to the other side of the office. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she wondered who was the Moff the woman had mentioned. As far as she knew, there hadn't been talk of any living Imperials with that rank since the fall of the Empire. A few seconds went by before the computer turned on, and the sound of a file being pulled up echoed in the area, "All we're allowed to know is that Dr. Pershing will be working on it in Nevarro."