❥25

The uncertainty filled the walls of Serena's room. It had been a week since she had given the idea of finding proof to present to the royal members. Although they reassured her it was a good plan, she still felt guilty if something happened. Especially to Ash who was putting himself in more risk than anyone else. In her mind, she could only see images of what could happen to Ash... Soon enough the tears started pouring down her cheeks. 'Come on...please be fine. please tell me if Clemont was able to make something so you won't be in much danger...'. 

On the other side of the wall, things got difficult by each passing day... Clemont stood awake all nights trying to find a way to record a conversation. There were millions of papers scattered on the floor, each one with a different possibility to create a machine. Not to mention the hundreds of tools. His brain was collapsing from the extended work. However, it was done. Clemont stared at the two machines he had created and smiled. He was proud of himself. He was doing something to help the whole kingdom, not only his best friend. He felt part of something big. He knew if his father was still alive, he would have been proud of him for achieving so much. 

"Hey big brother. Do you need help?" His little sister, Bonnie, asked

"No. Thanks. It is all done." Clemont said while cleaning the sweat from his forehead. He looked out the window and saw the wall. A wall that hopefully soon would be taken down by the future king and queen. It hit him like a rocket. Ash and Serena would become king and queen when their fathers are dethroned... They would rule. They would have to get married. 'I guess Ash really thought about this through... He is going to live his happily ever after if this goes well. I still can't believe the scared little boy who used to play with me is going to be a king... Time sure goes by without us noticing it'

"What are you thinking about big brother?" Bonnie asked as she noticed her brother was lost in thoughts which sometimes could be a good thing while others not so good.

"Just how times goes by...Seems like yesterday when I used to play with Ash in this castle..."Clemont smiled while looking at his young sister. Bonnie was a girl completely different from the rest... Since she was 6 years, she wanted to be a knight. Her only wish was to help people, to save them. Their father used to tell her she could be anything she wanted to and to never let people tell her otherwise just because she is a woman. Clemont knew she would be a great knight one day, no matter being a woman or not. As he was lost in memories of his childhood with his sister, she kept playing around with her wooden sword. It was a gift from the queen on her 10th birthday. As the years went by, Bonnie got pretty good at handling a sword. She was now 13 years old and probably better than some knights of the army. Clemont kept admiring his sister. She always inspired him. They were extremely different, but that just made them get along well, although sometimes he would get furious with her for always trying to find him a wife. 

"Clemont" He heard someone call his name. He turned around and saw Ash smiling at him. "I can't believe you did it!" He said hugging his friend. "I'm extremely sorry for putting you on so much stress and pressure. I always knew you would be able to do it"

"I'm glad I could help you," Clemont replied. 

"If this goes well, we will be able to save the whole kingdom. No more south and north kingdom. It will all become one once again"

"I can't wait for that!" Bonnie said. "I heard they make amazing cakes on the other side"

"When this is all over, you can eat as many cakes as you wish," Ash said. Bonnie and Ash had become pretty close. He watched her grow up and for him, she was like a little sister. "If Clemont agrees of course"