Prologue

I gritted my teeth, pulling against the chains. They creaked in protest, but the damn thing was too tough. The chain was twice the size of regular ones. If I was a human, I would have zero chance of breaking free. But I am an alpha, and I was determined to return to my pack and become the new leader.

I cursed, choking on the metal collar the more I tugged. Vampires were too cautious, especially when it came to their prey.

"Fucking hell!" I shouted. I braced my feet against the concrete wall and pushed with all the strength I had left. The chain groaned and the wall split, all the way down to the concrete floor. I pushed again, suffocating on the collar. I didn't care, though. It was better than being drained dry by nature's most dangerous mosquitoes--and assholes.

The metal door slammed open, guards hurrying to restrain me. I tried to fight back, even gave another tug against the chain despite being strangled by it. Hands grabbed my four limbs and restrained me. One of the guards fisted my hair and yanked it back, forcing me to raise my head just in time to see their boss saunter in.

"You've been a naughty boy, Miguel. Should I punish you, or should I save that for your master?"

I spat in his face, seething. The vampire merely smirked, wiping it away with a handkerchief. "Very well, then. Mr. Lewis, please come in."

The door opened and I froze, the sweetest scent invading my nose. A burly man dressed in a suit stood with his arms crossed, his eyes showing his obvious judgement. And behind him stood the most beautiful boy I'd ever seen. His hair was a dark shade of brown, cascading over his forehead and ears. His lips were strikingly pale, much like the rest of his skin, and his crimson eyes showed his age despite his immortality. Dark circles against marble skin, and a handsome beauty mark on his left cheekbone.

"Mr. Lewis, I present to you our most recent catch: a werewolf just turned twenty, and alpha of a pack. His name is Miguel Hernández."

"Miguel..."

I met the boy's gaze, moaning miserably as a shiver coursed through my body.

"What do you think, son?" the burly man asked. "Is he to your liking?"

The boy nodded, trying to hide his blush with his hair. "V-very much so," he replied. He looked up again, his gaze making another wave of pleasure course through me. I didn't believe it.

This boy, this vampire was my mate.