Boo-Boo

Ages:
Dixie: 8

Brenna and Dixie had just got back from patrol. They were now in the Bat-Cave, and Dixie was rambling about how awesome patrol was. "...and then we kicked their sorry butts and tied 'em up! It was so cool! Don't you agree Brenna?" Brenna didn't answer. She was staring at her finger, which had a small cut on it. She scoffed at it.

Dixie noticed the cut and gasped. "Oh, no! Brenna got a boo-boo!" she exclaimed. Dixie ran off to get the first-aid kit. "Quick, quick," she said between breaths. "Gotta help Brenna!" Brenna looked up at Dixie as she ran over to her and instantly began rambling.

"Aaah! Let me see! Oh, no! It's bleeding," Dixie exclaimed, noticing the red liquid seeping from the cut. "Let me help you!! Hang in there, Brenna! You'll be okay!" Brenna was dumbfounded. "Uhhh..."

Dixie kept on rambling. "Ah, quick! Must put on a band-aid before it gets infected! Ugh! I hate boo-boos!!" While Dixie put on the band-aid, Brenna heard her mutter something about evil boo-boos. "Huh? Dixie, you don't have to..." That was when Dixie gave Brenna a kiss on the finger.

Brenna was absolutely speechless. "...wha..." Dixie looked up at her with sparkling baby blue sapphires. "My moma always kissed my boo-boos so they'll heal faster. I hope it works for you Brenna," she said. Brenna shook off the shock and smiled at the young child.

"Let's go get a snack, ok sweetie?" Thank you, Dixie.

"Okay! Hooray! I love snacks!"
---
This is inspired by a picture called Quick by BrokenDeathAngel. It's on deviantart.com. Go check it out!

Stay whelmed!