the trees gossip and sneer

George waking up wasn't immediate, it had taken a while for him to stir awake from the warm heat that bathed his skin

George waking up wasn't immediate, it had taken a while for him to stir awake from the warm heat that bathed his skin. The sun's beaming rays shined on him, his eyelids being the only surface of protection he had from the sun making him more blind than his eyes already were.

George could feel the ground underneath him, soft soil dipping into the Earth where he laid as long blades of grass pricked at his skin.

The brown-haired male didn't really know where he was— which wasn't making this whole 'getting dragged underwater and dying(?)' thing to a good start. Or if he was even dead in the first place, there was a lot to think about and not enough time to do so as George could feel the adrenaline wear off.

The previous sensation of him feeling as if he were floating in the air began to turn into a crude prickling sensation that ruptured all over his limbs.

"Yes, yes I heard you. Stop bothering him." A voice called out, if George had to describe it in his delirious state it almost reminded him of nature— soft and warm yet spoke with a clear voice. Maybe it was an angel? Or devil— the latter seemed more likely. George didn't think he did enough good deeds to be great with the great pearly white gates. 

"No, you can't shake him! He might get hurt— he looks so small!" The male continued to talk as if he were having a conversation. First of all, rude; not only about the comment on his height (he was an inch taller than the average male height, excuse you) but to be talking about a semi-unconscious male, secondly George never heard another voice other than the soft-spoken male, unless George was having short-term memory loss which might as well be put on the list of firsts right next to 'falling off a hill' and 'almost dying by drowning.'

George finally found it unbearable, the wet clothes sticking to him like a second skin, even if the sun was basking him in the heat it didn't stop the gusts of wind that would hit his body, practically freezing the male whenever it happened. The brown-eyed boy groaned as he tried to open his eyes, turning his head away from the sun so he wouldn't lose his vision as soon as he woke up.

George was first greeted by a male— brown hair with flowers, branches, and leaves alien strewn into them, woven intricately into the brown hair. It looked like a mess, if George was being honest, who the hell puts branches in their hair?

Soft silk cloth draped over the male's frame, starting from his neck as a gold belt attached to his hip giving the outfit more support to not just fly off from a breeze.

George's brown eyes were met with the stranger's green ones, the emerald-colored eyes filled with curiosity and astonishment, little specks of gold shining for a prominent second.

"Hey!! Congrats on not dying!" The stranger smiled, George shifting as he tried to sit up but there was barely any feeling in his arms, almost falling back down if the stranger hadn't softened his fall by putting his hands under his back in time. "Woah! Be careful," The stranger warned as he pursed his lips.