21- saturday night

I waved goodbye to my aunt and Gianna as they started their journey back to midland. I walked from the diner back to my apartment and from the loud background chattering from the tv, I could tell that at least one person was back in the apartment and I was excited knowing that.

Once I walked in, three of them turned to me. Harper was in front of the tv and had paused the movie once she saw me, Cleo was plonked down on the bean bag tired, her luggages beside her as she turned to me while Naomi was finally getting to hang out with lane without running away.

"Why? You look like you've seen a ghost." I joked and they only stiffened at my joke, not knowing what to say.

"Are you alright?" Naomi left Lane and came to me. She started to assess my body and my hair. Once her gaze found mine, she whispered into my ears, "they know."

My heart thumped loudly for a moment and I relaxed right after. Harper looked at me with sad eyes while Cleo still looked confused. Like she was wondering how I'd lived with them for almost a year and she still didn't know anything was wrong with me.

"Please don't look at me that way," I begged them, turning to each of them. "I'm not dying tomorrow, let's see a movie or something." I prompted them as I headed to the couch, plonking down beside Harper.

I pulled Harper closer to me and Naomi sat down right beside us. Cleo also joined and sat at the edge so that we were all stuffed in the chair with Harper's big duvet covering us all.

"Don't treat me like I'm sick, I'm hale and hearty." I told her and she nodded with a bitter smile. It seems I won't be getting the old smile for a while now.

"I mean, if Theo James handed me a cup of coffee, I'd probably thank him and then accidentally spill it on myself anyway," Harper paused the movie again looking to our faces for our opinion.

"Sweetheart, you're still a kid. Spilling your coffee won't make him go running to you," Naomi answered her, slapping her elbow slightly.

"At least, he'll remember me." Harper shrugged as she resumed streaming the movie.

I shook my head at them, stroking Lane's fur, my mind wandering to what Ezra was up to, every now and then.

Bad pain

Bad pain.

It felt like a sleep paralysis but I knew that it wasn't. I was conscious, aware of the very blue paint of my room wall, the posters of Lana Del Ray on the front wall. I couldn't talk or move, because I didn't want to not that I couldn't.

It was a deep throbbing pain that reverberated all through the masses of bones in my body. I wondered what was in store for me when I try to move and that was exactly why I didn't dare to move this time around.

About half an hour later, I straightened up and sat on the bed, my face reflecting in the mirror. I glanced at the thin strands of hair lying on the bed, beside me. I hauled myself to the stool in front of the mirror and stared a little longer.