7th

After a diamond heist that leaves Jisoo blushing with the memory of Jennie, pressed up against her back and whispering about her defeat, and another museum dalliance that has Jisoo wondering how stupid she would sound if she admitted in her report that the thief got away because they called her the best masterpiece in that place and it made her legs go like jelly, everything goes quiet.

Silent even. Suspiciously silent. Aggravatingly silent.

They go two weeks without a theft. That is to say that they go two weeks without any high calibre thefts being reported (Brian still comes in every two days like clockwork reporting some new random thing stolen as an excuse to ask Lisa's advice on asking girls out, which is laughable to Jisoo considering Lisa's well known poor track record with women).

So they go two weeks without a theft, which also means that Jisoo goes two weeks without seeing Jennie in any capacity, and how terrible of a cop would it make her if she were to admit that she actually had her fingers crossed for a robbery? Not a huge one. Just, like, a little robbery. A little robbery from a bad person who deserved it, orchestrated by Jennie, so that Jisoo could hear that stupid flirty tone of her voice for a few minutes. A few measly minutes.

And it wasn't even all about Jennie...

It was mostly about Jennie, but it was also about the fact that Jisoo was bored. Two weeks of no Jennie had also been two weeks of a suspiciously low crime rate and she was so completely bored. So bored that she had actually caught up on the paperwork she'd been actively avoiding for two months, much to the Captain's chagrin. So bored that she actually agreed to play trash basketball with Rosie even though her aim sucked and she could literally never lose. So bored that she found time to place a bet in the precinct pool as to which rookie Vasquez would try her charms on first.

She's rearranged her array of stationary stolen from different people's desks seven times, and is making her fourth cup of coffee in two hours, when Mike comes bounding into the break room like some kind of excitable puppy looking for her approval.

She's expecting him to ask her out - apparently eighth time's the charm was Mike's motto of the week because he'd been more persistent than usual. She expects him to do his self assured smirk, maybe lean a little on the coffee table in some semblance of casualness, and then do that thing where he asks her out and pretends like it'd be her honour. But instead...

"Jisoo, we caught your thief!" And okay, that was way worse than him asking her out. Her thief. Her thief. Jennie. And okay, maybe Jisoo starts to have a complete and total internal meltdown because she doesn't want Jennie in jail; no matter how many times she threatened to put her there (both to her face and whispered into the bug she found inside a stuffed elephant on her desk).

She doesn't want to have to face the reality that she probably can't go see her at all considering their sides in all of this. She doesn't want to have to admit that she's maybe a little more attached to Jennie than she should be, doesn't want to admit that she mostly just wants to kiss her a little bit. Or a lot.

"What? When? How?" Jisoo spews out in a rush, and maybe the meltdown was a little less internal than she hoped, but Mike seems to take no notice, too distracted by his own accomplishments.

"An anonymous tip came through about an hour ago, sent us to this real fancy apartment building, and to be honest we thought it was a hoax but all the stuff was there - a couple of the diamonds taken last month, marked bills from the bank, oh and some empty vials marked Lord Technologies." Oh God.

"Who-"

"I think her name was Beth or something," Mike cuts in but that couldn't be right. Unless Jennie/Beth had lied about her name, but then, Jisoo had been so sure she was telling the truth, had felt it in her gut that Jennie was being sincere in that moment.