Big Pain, Little Pain

Pain

Okay, so I finally got my home in order.

Or at least as much as I could.

Took me a lil minute but I got it. A nigga can be hard-headed and I almost lost it all. Honestly, I am not sure what exactly 'it' was but so far I like it.

It's been a few days and things have been better between me and Joy.

She was nothing like I had assumed she would be. I kinda wish I would have tried with her sooner. The last few days getting to re know her has been pretty good. I realized she was simple. She would rather just lay up wit me, eat some food, or do something relaxing. Yesterday we decided to do one of the guest rooms since she was bored. She wasn't up for heading out but 'felt the need to paint'.

After spending hours picking out paint we finally made it back home and after a few strokes, she said she hated it.

This woman is already driving me crazy but I kinda don't mind it anymore.

At least she isn't crying anymore. She told me she couldn't help it sometimes and it was the baby. So I shrugged it off

To her it's the little things and when I say that I mean it. The littlest shit makes her happy. I bought her some food her ass was dancing around all morning as if it was a miracle.

Another thing I like about Joy is she's funny.

I haven't met too many females with a good sense of humor but hers is definitely something special. I spent all damn day watching tv with her cracking jokes.

This morning we had her appointment and the doctor seemed to be familiar with me. I got to see my son for the first time. Well first time for me. It was kinda hard at first for me to make it out but when she gave us 3-D photos it was easy to see he looked like both of us. Definitely my head.

Speaking of heads. Mines actually healed up reasonably. I got a scar on the side of my shit but nothing my hair cant cover.

After I got shot and when I first woke up I was scared hearing that I had a baby on the way but now I can't help but be excited about it.

Koi had sounded like a good name. It wasn't no ghetto shit so I wasn't complaining really.

She said 'Koi Isaac Beams'.

I liked the way it sounds.

Joy seems like she will be a good mom so I honestly started to see this situation as a blessing.

Outside of my memory loss life was looking good.

I spent the afternoon talking a bit more with Joy after her appointment and she said she would agree to work things out with me but Id have to agree to go back to the office instead of the streets and pick up counseling.

I wasn't really feeling either option but If this was my life now I guess I had to see what I was missing.

Joy set me up an appointment first thing tomorrow with the help of Greg so I guess we will see how it goes.

If you like this please Vote or share.

This story is being updated as it is written

Follow me on IG imtrippinbitch

Follow me on FB at Vanna White

Both are my art and writing pages.