. ₀₂ .

°•∘ that peculiar night ∘•°

°•∘  that peculiar night  ∘•°

Eunsae was hugging her legs, looking at the skyline of the city in the dark night

Eunsae was hugging her legs, looking at the skyline of the city in the dark night. The stars twinkled happily, but she wasn't. She tried so hard to befriend all of them, but they seemed to be so close to one another that she could barely speak to any of them, because they rapidly went back to their routines and she felt so left out.

She tried to sob quietly, but she felt so lonely. Her parents were far away, in Japan, and she was there... all alone. She had to send them the contract and they sent it signed in a few days.

She was used to feeling alone because of being away from her mother and father, and she felt lonely too while she was acting. But this loneliness was a different kind of feeling.

She felt invisible.

So she climbed every night after she made sure the boys were asleep, and sat in the rooftop to glance at the stars and try to figure out why she was left out. Was it because they didn't like her? Did they want her to leave? Was she annoying?

And she sobbed quietly, drying her tears slowly with the back of her hand while her heart sunk. Maybe she did something wrong the day they met. Did she make such a bad first impression? Would they actually kick her out of the band?

It had only been two days since she was announced as the new member of the band, and she already felt like they hated her. Maybe she shouldn't try so hard. She could go back to acting, she had been offered some gigs, and she rejected them, but maybe she could call them back.

Sobbing a little louder, she looked at the stars. They were mocking her, being all twinkly and happy out there.

She didn't even know why she was so sad... why would she ever get her hopes up about them welcoming her right away? They had been through so much together, of course they were close. And she was a stranger, even though it hurt her heart to admit so.

She wiped her tears, as she watched a few cars pass by silently on the streets. It was maybe... three am? She didn't know anymore, but she wasn't ready to go back to the dorm.

Eunsae was so upset, and she was still crying her heart out. She didn't want to wake them up, if she did, she was sure they would kick her out.

It was her fault, though. No one told her they would become friends, Bang Sihyuk stated they were friendly towards her, so there actually was no instructions to become friends. And they respected her, but she still was unhappy.

She didn't want to be friendly; she wanted to be friends. Was it so hard? Was she hard to befriend?

She groaned because the cold wind hugged her and made her hair dance in the air. She cleared her throat and tried her best not to cry anymore, and got up. She had to sleep a little, since the next day they would be dancing and she would need some energy.

She walked downstairs, her head hung low, and little sighs of sadness leaving her throat as she walked down the hallway. When she reached the door, she could see a pair of sneakers attached to some long legs.

Her head shoot back up, her cheeks turning red without a specific reason, and then their eyes met.

"What are you doing up so late?", she asked him, while tucking her hands on her pockets.

"I could ask you the same thing", he smiled, and then inspected her face. "Were you crying again?"

"What do yo mean 'again'?", she asked, still standing in front of the boy, who was seated with his back resting on the closed door.

"I knew it", he stated, and then his eyes met hers. "I knew I heard you cry last night, I just didn't know where it came from", she shrugged. "Are you going to the rooftop to cry?".

"I was not crying", she said, her eyes avoiding his.

"Yes you were", he argued back.

"Well, and what if I was?", she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"Why?", he asked timidly.

Her eyes watered only by remembering why she was crying in the first place. She took her keys out of one of her pockets, and unlocked the door. He didn't move, so she tried climbing over him to get inside, but failed miserably and ended up falling on his lap.

"Move", she demanded, but his arms wrapped around her. "Please, I just wanna go to sleep", she avoided his eyes, that inspected her face curiously, with a soft concern plastered in them.

"Why?", he whispered.

"I am just lonely", she admitted with her voice cracking at the end of the sentence. "Please, just let me go", she sighed.

He slowly let go of the embrace, and when she got to her feet, he did too. She looked so tiny in front of him, and with her eyes puffed and trails of dry tears on her cheeks, she looked so fragile. She lowered her head and walked inside, straight to her room, and closed her door.

Sunghoon stayed in the middle of the silent apartment at three in the morning, an uneasy feeling on his chest.

flowers don't grow
without sun

(W. Donovan)

(Proofread on Aug

(Proofread on Aug. 07, 2021. If any mistakes were overlooked, please let me know).