19. Change Of Ways

Deku Pov

'Horrible. The taste is so terrible even though he's a normal person. But ... Now... I feel stronger than before.'

I thought as I left the remains of Yamori in the basement and left for the door. Once I opened it, I was met with a staircase that seemed to go up for miles.

' What the hell kind of place is this? You can't seriously tell me this was a basement this whole time.'

I thought as I made my way up the first flight, climbing faster by jumping up each staircase. The stairs seemed to go on and on for quite a while before I heard other voices.

??? : Man, why the hell do we have to stay here?

??? : You already know why/ You're a dumbass! Shigaraki put is here just in case heroes find this place and try to take that boy.

??? : Tch, it's just a brat. What's so special about him?

??? : Well, he beat the nomu that was meant to kill AllMight, so...

'They're talking about me, huh? Anyway, I gotta take 'em out.'

I open the door slowly as to not draw attention immediately, and see 2 guys at the end of a hallway, one with black hair and purple skin that seemed stitched and the other with a full body suit that was mostly black with a bit of grey.

As I was about to sneak attack them, a loud, echoing boom sounded as the building shook a bit.

'The hell? What was that? Was that the heroes?'

??? : Oh shit! Dabi, quick! We gotta go fight those guys! / No we don't!

Dabi : Tch, fine. Damn heroes.

They then turned around and started coming my direction, but I had moved back to the staircase beforehand so they didn't spot me, however.

Dabi : Hey, Twice. Was that door open before?

Twice : Hmm, not sure. / I don't care!

Dabi : Dammit, stay alert!

I then saw a blue glow come from the hallway as I peeped into it and saw the man with the stitches creating blue flames in his hands.

' That's going to be bothersome. '

They got closer and closer to the doorway as I slowly released my kagune, ready to attack once they're in range.

Suddenly, the blue glow disappeared as a thud resounded.

Dabi : What the?! Tch, Eraserhead!

I heard as I peeped passed the doorway again and saw my teacher take down the man called "Twice".

Aizawa : Stand down! The heroes have already surrounded the building! Now where's the boy?!

Dabi : Not sure. Hey, isn't it about time you blinked?

He said as Aizawa tried forcing his eyes open before blinking. And that was all "Dabi" needed to create a fireball before launching it at Aizawa.

' Shit!'

I quickly came out from my spot and knocked Aizawa away from the attack before using my kagune to slam "Dabi" into the wall.

Aizawa : *cough **cough * The hell...?

He said, getting up before seeing me.

Aizawa : I-Izuku?

I looked towards him and gave him a small smile.