| ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖 |

Please read the description for this story! Anything you see in there will most likely be  happening in this chapter, so please be aware. Enjoy :)

You tapped your foot against the ground timidly, your dark red cocktail dress sticking tightly to you. It was nine 'o clock sharp in the evening and he was supposed to have been there to pick you up thirty minutes ago for your anniversary date. As excited as you were before, you were now worried. Ten missed calls from you and who knows how many texts. You took a deep breath, telling yourself he must've just fallen asleep in bed like usual. You pulled out your phone, clicking onto your friends contact. Karl. You clicked the call button and waited for him to answer.

"Heyo, Y/N! What's up? I thought you were at your date?" He asked, bringing his phone to his ear.

"Uh, yeah. About that. Trevor hasn't shown up yet and I'm getting kind of worried," you explained, sitting down on the sidewalk. Karl hummed in response, you could hear him driving. 

"Need me to take you over to his house?" He suggested and you could hear him smile through the phone.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks Karl," you beamed, pressing the phone closer to your ear. Karl chuckled and you could see his car coming into view. You ended the call, gasping. He pulled up next to you, waiting for you to hop in.

"I knew this might happen, he always sleeps in. You owe me. Also, you look perfect," he complimented. You slid into the passenger seat. Suddenly, you weren't as worried. 

"Thanks, Karl," you giggled as he drove off to Trevor's house.

He clicked on the radio, letting you jam out while you waited to arrive. You swayed side to side slowly, nodding your head to the beat and lip-syncing the lyrics. Karl would glance over at you every now and then, making fun of your dance moves. You'd roll your eyes and dance even more. Moments like these were rare for you, so you always made the best out of it.

Karl arrived, slowing to a stop in front of Trevor's house.

"If anything goes wrong, just call me and I'll bring some ice cream and pick you up," he urged, raising his eyebrows. You smiled, waving him off.

"I'm sure I'll be alright. Thank you!" You chirped, running off towards his house. What could possibly go wrong?

*   *

You stood in the doorway, horrified at the sight before you. Trevor on top of your best friend, Marcell, both almost naked. Trevor stared at you, his eyes widened in surprise. 

"Y-Y/N? I didn't think you'd-" He stuttered, climbing off of Marcell. Marcell was smirking as she sat up, waiting for Trevor to come back.

"It was your anniversary, dumbass. Even I remembered that," she snickered, rolling her eyes. Trevor gulped, looking back at Marcell. You couldn't even seem to stay and listen to his reasoning, your feet already taking you back outside.

"Whatever, didn't like her that much anyway," he scoffed before returning to Marcell and resuming their moment.

*   *

You stumbled over a rock as you ran out, the image sticking in your mind. With a tumble, you landed face first on the ground. A few scratches and bruises formed, one scratch leaking some blood. You coughed, pulling yourself back up. Everyone's going to leave. They can't stand you.

First your parents leave, then your boyfriend. What next? Your life? 

Hey, wait... 

You got up, dropping your phone as you did. Though your legs felt like shit, you started running towards the nearest cliff. Coincidentally, you lived near a beach. Beaches had huge cliffs hanging over them usually. That's where you were headed.

The trees around you rustled as made your way onto the surface of the cliff. You stepped closer to the edge, trying to stop the oncoming tears. But it was endless, just like most days. 

A boy in the distance walked up the path, finishing his hike. He noticed you, though you didn't notice him. As he watched you, he started to realize what you were going to do. One foot off, that's all it would take. You'd be gone. All the pain, all your feelings. Gone, there'd be nothing. 

The brown-haired boy ran up to you, grabbing your arm as you started to fall. He pulled you back, his face full of fear. You looked up at him with wide eyes, watching him as his breath slowed. 

"W-why?" You asked, the tears flowing even faster. The boy hugged you in response, this complete stranger was caring. You didn't move, didn't resist. You wanted it all to be over with but at the same time, you wanted comfort. So you didn't move, you didn't break free. You let him hug you, you let him save you. Your breathing came out shaky and full of heartbreak. He could tell.

"I-I'm Nick," he said, hoping to say the right things. "I'm going to take you home, I hope that's okay. I won't, um, give you to the police. I'll just- I'll just return you home afterwards, if that's okay." His worry shot through the roof. This worry for your safety. You shut your eyes, taking a moment to cry into his shirt. He didn't mind and let you cry it all out.

Once you had finished, he pulled you up to your feet and walked you to his house which wasn't too far from the beach. He let you inside, making sure to lock the door and turn the fireplace on for warmth. 

"Um, just take your shoes off and- here, take my sweatshirt," he encouraged, taking his own shoes off. "I'll make some chicken noodle soup, everyone likes that." 

You watched him from the side, slipping on his sweatshirt. It was warm and cozy, just a little bigger than you. You sat down on the couch, pulling a pillow to your chest and drying your wet face. The fire started to warm the house, making it feel homey. You looked around, taking in the scenery of his house. He must've been living here on his own? At least he was kind enough to stop you and take you in.

"Thank you," you whispered, barely loud enough for him to hear.