Chapter 2

A/N I hate doing these because I think they're annoying but here is Chapter 2. Also random but completely disregard everything I said in the book introduction, I'll edit it soon but I decided to go in a completely different direction. 

I walked into camp to see lots of smiling faces and people all gathered around talking in groups with there friends it's like school all over again. You see Camp Ithaca is the type of camp you start going to when you're 11 not 16, however it doesn't matter I'll still be here for 2 whole ass months. I look around to see if there is anyone I could even try to talk to, when I see Amber in a group of people who all look like they don't want to be here. A girl has her arm wrapped around Amber, whispering something in her ear. Amber looks up at me and waves me over, I join her and she wraps her arm around me introducing me to the group of people she is with. 

"Yo everyone this is Emery, I met her on the bus. Don't worry, she's one of us." She says with a laugh. I wave to everyone, earning a couple smiles and waves back. I notice one boy he seems tall around 6'2 he had a beanie on and was smoking a cigarette.  He raised his eyebrows at me and I smiled in his direction, looking him up and down.  

"Gather round' campers it's time for cabin placement." A too energetic camp leader announces. I look over at her debating weather I should walk over to her, or stay right here, I can hear her loud ass voice from all the way here. The group starts to all trudge towards her and I follow suit. Though the boy who had caught my attention lingers behind, I debate weather I should walk up to him, but I decide against it. I quickly learn that each cabin only has two bunks in it, so if you don't enjoy the person you're bunked with that's just  too bad. 

The lady shouts out different names and I here my little brothers being yelled over the megaphone which is 100% not needed. He is bunking with a boy named Gavin. Annoying camp lady keeps yelling names and cabin numbers and I eventually zone out. 

"Emery Scott." I hear while seeing Amber tap on my arm.

"huh" I respond confused apparently camp lady had been calling my name for a while. 

"Emery Scott, you're a girl?" 

"Uh yeah? What gave it away?" I respond confused.

"We have you down here for bunking with Jack Porter."  The brown eyed smoker from before looks up. "You two are grown up enough to share a cabin." She says with a smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes. Definitely not the response I was expecting but I'll take it. Going in to this experience I was not expecting to be bunking with a guy, especially not a guy with nice eyes and fluffy hair. Right in this moment I had a feeling this summer would be wild.

A/n Sorry for the short chapter I'm trying to get this out quick as I can. The next update will be more well written and proof read I promise. Anyway, thanks for reading. Questions, comments, criticisms?