The Job

A/N: I own nothing but Gawain

In the dark of the night, when the stars come to light, a lone boy jumps from rooftop to rooftop at breakneck speed, he's about 5 foot 4 inches give or take with brown hair, he's wearing a black hoodie with the hood up, black sweatpants, black sneakers and a pair of goggles that allow him to see in the dark, he blends in with the scenery making him nearly invisible, his name is Gawain Percival and he's about to get his next job from none other than the Penguin...

"Finally!" He quietly exclaims, "I've reached my destination, The Iceberg Lounge"

He looks down from his perch on the rooftop to peer into the window, noticing how crowded it is he decides it best to enter from the front door as a customer, he climbs down a fire escape and heads for the entrance and walks in with no problems, despite being underage.

Making a beeline for the bar, he ignores any attempts to gain his attention and takes a seat, motioning for the bartender.

"I'll have a glass of just ice, no water." He says.

"Right away." The bartender replies.

As the bartender turns back to Gawain and sits the glass of ice in front of him Gawain leans forward and whispers, "It's an icy night." which is code for I need to speak with Penguin. The bartender nods and slides him a key.

"You know where to go?" He asks.

"Of course." Gawain replies and stands up.

Taking his glass of ice with him, he heads up a staircase to the right and inserts the key into the door at the top, making sure to close and lock the door one he's in the room, he then heads over to a door on the other side of the room with two, rather large, security guards.

"Name?" The left one asks.

"Gawain Percival" He replies and pulls out his ID to show to them.

"He's on the list." Says the right guard looking down at a small notebook of names.

The left guard opens the door and Gawain walks into Penguins private lounge and takes a seat on one of the couches, Penguin, who's sitting at a desk looks up and smiles darkly.

"Gawain, what brings you here?" He asks.

"I need a job" Gawain replies while taking the hood off his head and the glasses off his face, "A well paying job" Gawain clarifies, staring into Penguin with his mismatched eyes, the left an unnatural bright yellow and the right a lifeless grey, "And if it's another theft, I'll find work elsewhere" he says and crunches a piece of ice.

"I think I have just the job for you, a girl has been stealing things from me, I want you to catch her, she shares your nickname, Cat, I'll give you her real name if you decide to accept the job."

"A kidnapping, I guess that works." Gawain narrows his eyes. "How much?" He asks as he crunches another piece of ice.

"Four hundred if you can get her by Friday, the day after tomorrow." Penguin replies.

"Make it five and I'll have her here by sundown tomorrow." Gawain counters.

"Deal!" Says Penguin.

"And her real name?" Gawain asks.

"Selina Kyle." Replies Penguin.

Chapter One Concluded

A/N: I'm open to anything, especially constructive criticism