The Cop

Let's be honest here, I didn't really want to accept Cobblepots job, but as it currently stands, I'm broke and well, he pays really well. I'm originally from London, I come from a rich family, the Pearls, and let me tell you, they think they embody that name perfectly, spoiler, they don't, they're all jerks and I hate them, except for my sisters, who actually cared about me. But enough about my past for now, it's the next morning, I'm dressed in all black as usual, leather jacket, an ACDC shirt, dark pants, aviators, and a fedora, yes, I look a little cliche, but I like it. Currently I'm walking down the sidewalk, heading for where the homeless kids hang, they're a good source for information, especially if I'm looking for someone or something. Turning the corner, I head down an alley where a few teenagers are huddled around a barrel of fire.

"Sup?" Asks one of the teens.

"Lookin for information." I ask.

"That's gonna cost ya." Says another teen.

"How much?"

"That depends on the information." Answers the first teen.

"I'm looking for someone who goes by the nickname Cat."

"Fifteen bucks, money first." Says the first teen.

"I swear, if you take my money and run, I'll hunt you down." I say as I pull out the money and hand it to him.

He quickly snatches the money out of my hand and inspects it as he begins talking. "I don't know exactly where to find Cat but I hear she breaks into Wayne manor fairly regularly, there's also a rumor that she's friends with Bruce Wayne but who knows if that's true or not, I seriously doubt it."

"Thanks, I trust that if I need information again you guys'll be here?"

"Yeah, we will, mind telling us your name?"

"Leo." I say, my middle name is Leonardo, so I'm not really lying. "See ya round." I say as I turn and walk out of the alley and right into a man, causing him to spill his cup of lukewarm coffee down the front of his shirt.

"Blimey!" I exclaim in a British accent. "I'm sorry mate, I wasn't payin any attention."

"It's alright." Says the man. "At least it wasn't hot."

I take notice of the gun at the man's hip. "You a cop?" I ask.

"I'm a detective, the name is Logan Steel, nice to meet ya." He answers.

"Likewise, I'm Leo." I say, once again using my shortened middle name. "Say, could you point me in the direction of Wayne manor?"

"It's a few miles from here, you should just call a cab, what business you have there if you don't mind me askin."

"Not at all, I happen to be friends with Bruce Wayne." I lie.

"Is that so, well, best of luck getting there, I should go clean the coffee out of this shirt, it was nice meeting you." He says as he turns and walks away.

"Likewise, and sorry again about running into you." I call to him as I walk off the other direction to the edge of the street where I hail a taxi.

A taxi pulls up and I open the passenger door.

"Hey man." I say. "I don't need a ride but could you give me some directions?"

"Sure, no prob." Says the driver

"How do I get to Wayne manor." I ask.

"So, you'll wanna head down that road there, then turn left, go till you reach an intersection then go left again, head straight for about a mile then turn right at the intersection head that until you see a large fence, go round to the entrance and you're there." He explains.

"Thanks man." I say then toss him some cash, shut the door and start down the sidewalk, following the directions from the taxi driver.

Chapter Two Concluded

A/N: I'm open to anything, especially constructive criticism
Other A/N: I own nothing but my original characters