Threes a crowd

Marinette POV

It was Monday morning nothing too special. I met with Alya, Nino and Adrien outside the stairs as always and headed to our lockers.

"Hey Chloé" I say as I walk past her locker to get to mine. She quietly mumbles "hey" Chloé was somewhat nice when she was in private. But of course she couldn't let anyone else know that. She had a reputation to uphold.

Soon the bell rang and all of us headed to Miss Busiter's class and took our seats.

"Good morning class, today we will be talking about an upcoming project" she started, "now before you start moaning and groaning it's going to be a simple project about the positive things we can do to keep from being akumatized."

I raise my eyebrows a bit, I don't think you can avoid Hawkmoth, it's a miraculous it shouldn't be something you can just avoid. That would be like if my lucky charm didn't work or if Chat's cataclysm didn't work. A miraculous is definitely stronger than someone's will.

"Girl you okay?" Alya whispered elbowing me softly to get my attention. "What? Yeah sorry just lost in thought. Don't worry about me." I smiled.

"Now to get into our groups, we will be doing trios as there are three parts of the project. One person will be assigned part 1 which is the history of akumas, the second person will do common things that cause the akumatized victims, and part three will be the aftermath of akumas" she explained

Miss Busiter started calling our groups. Alya was with Nino and Alix, so lucky! Chloé, Sabrina, and Kim were a group not sure why she would place those three together. Rose, Juleka and Max also a trio. Ivan, Mylene, and Nathaniel in a group.

Wait a minute does that mean-

My thoughts were interrupted by the announcement of my group. "Lastly we'll have Marinette, Adrien and Lila! Everyone is in a group, yes?" She said smiling

Oh no so unlucky...I didn't mind Adrien of course, we were friends. My feelings for him linger but I have Luka and he has Kagami so that's not what bothers me. It's that lying bitch Lila.

Luckily, Adrien also knows Lila is awful. He's the only one that knows. I'm just glad someone can see it.

"Well I'm going to give you guys the rest of the class period to get started. These projects are due in two weeks on the 15th so please try to work at a steady pace" Miss Busiter said before everyone started moving around the room to get into groups

Adrien turned around and decided to sit next to me in Alya's seat so Lila wouldn't sit next to me. "Thanks" I said chuckling "of course. I'd hate for you guys to be fighting the whole time and we get nothing done." He chuckled "hey it's not my fault she hates me" I said defensively. "No I know. I'm not oblivious." I wouldn't necessarily agree to that I think he's quite clueless but I suppose not about this.

Lila walked over and leaned on the table next to Adrien. "Hey guys! Where should I sit?" She asked sweetly. So fake.

"You can take my seat Lila, I decided to sit next to Mari so that you could see the board better, you know with your eye site and all" Adrien said making up an excuse as to why he wasn't in his own seat.

"Aw well that's just so sweet Adrien!" Lila squealed. I cringed.

"What's wrong Marinette? Are you not happy about us being partners?" Lila then said

I snapped my head towards her and glared "Lila cut the shit. Me and Adrien both know who you really are just stop with the act. Just be real." I sighed

Adrien widened his eyes, I guess he wasn't expecting me to snap at someone.

"Fine Marinette. Don't act like I haven't tried to befriend you multiple times though." She scoffed. "Yeah by lying. Then when I told you that I'm not friends with liars you threatened me. I didn't forget that."

Adrien was just kind of sitting there watching this happen. Maybe he figured it's better we get it out now so we can get our project done.

"God get off your high horse. You're such a goody two shoes" Lila laughed. That's such a lame comeback I don't even think I should keep fighting her.

"Okay ladies let's just focus on the project okay? I figured I'll do part 1, Mari 2 and Lila can do 3" Adrien said reading the instructions. Thank god for him being in our group. Without him we would definitely fail.

"That's fine with me Adrien" Lila said.

Eventually we all started to research without speaking so no more fights were had that period and eventually the bell rang.

I got up and went to the back of the classroom to meet Alya and Nino. Adrien was supposed to come with me but he seemed to get stopped by Lila. Of course. I stopped walking and stared at them. Not because I care just making sure Lila behaves is all.

"Adrien do you think you could help me with my part of the project? I was gone for all these akuma attacks I don't even know what happened really and you know you were here and you're so smart I figured..." she said softly while running her finger tips up and down his arm. He chuckled a bit uncomfortably and softly pulled her hand off him. "Lila I'm willing to help during class periods but last time you came to my house my bodyguard and Nathalie got in trouble. I can't have that again." Adrien said as nicely as he could.

I felt anger grow inside of me. No no, I have Luka. I'm just angry for Kagami's sake, I'm sure she would be furious at the site.