The Arrival

Sparks flew. Warning lights flashed. Ivy desperately punched at buttons as her ship fell towards the surface. She punched her communicator and shouted loudly. 

"This is Hawk 136, requesting immediate landing, heading 2827!"

"Hawk 136, all landing is prohibited due to VOE Day celebrations, please find an outpost, over." The Entries Commander replied.

"But..." Ivy said, but the communication line went dead. "Damnit!" She shouted, as she fell ever closer. She punches the controls once again. "To anyone who can hear, this is Ivy Landar, piloting the Ebon Hawk 136, initiating evasive procedures over Naboo."

Pieces flew off as she entered the atmosphere, the blue sky seeming so tranquil against the disastrous nightmare inside the cockpit. In the distance, she could see the colour of celebrations against the dusty beige, and as she looked down at the luscious green, she felt oddly happy, as if some greater purpose lead her to this moment.

A proximity warning. 1000 meters. 900. 800.

Ivy braced herself, finger over the Eject button.

500, 400, 300, 200, 100...

She pressed down hard. She came flying out of the cockpit, and slammed down hard on the soft grass. Groaning, she looked up to see her ship wrecked, small fires breaking out around it, but not completely destroyed. She let out a sigh of relief.

"Whooh uba? identifee yourself! <Who are you? Identify yourself!>" Ivy spun around to see two twi'lek guards stood with spears. She got up quickly.

"Mah nambo Ivy Landar, jee crash landed wata. <My name is Ivy Landar, I crash landed here.>"

"Bal uba keekah soh pa uba?!  <Do you know where you are?!>"

"Nobata, besh jee 'sh jee seel convince whoevah owns beet land bettap jee sash tough situation, an I- <No, but I'm sure I can convince whoever owns this land that I was in a tough situation, and I->"

"Stop!" 

A soft but firm voice spoke over them all, spinning all their heads. There was a young girl there, late teens or early twenties, with long blond hair, and a flowing gold and white dress. 

"Lo'z nine, jee seel take lo nrom wata. <It's fine, I can take it from here.>" She said, and the guards left. 

"What's their problem?" Ivy said jokingly. But the girl looked firm. "Aren't you a little young to own... all of this, what is this exactly?"

"This is my home. In Theed."

"It's pretty big. Your parents must get a lot of credits." Ivy joked, looking around.

"You could say that." The girl said bluntly. "You look like you had quite the accident."

"Oh, well it's not that bad." She said, "Still in one piece. Well I am. Not the ship. That's... anyway, who are you?"

"My name is Erin."

"Well that's a nice dress you got there Erin."

"Thank you." The girl smiled. "You were in that thing when it came down?"

"That thing is my ship and uhh... yeah. As I told your guards, I am very sorry for the inconvenience, it was a last ditch effort. They wouldn't let me land anywhere, so I had to I guess. Anyway, as soon as I get it fixed, I'll be off your hands."

"Well you're looking pretty worse for wear. Want to come inside? I could give you some Blue Milk before you start working."

"That would be much appreciated ma'am. Your daddy ok with nerfherders like me roaming around?" Ivy said, being cheeky and charming all at once.

"Oh he won't be back for a while. Just, do you have any weapons?" 

"I have my blaster in my ship and..." She feels around her brown vest, tucked into her black, military trousers. "Just these grenades." Ivy places them on the ground.

"You seem prepared for a fight, pilot." 

"Well, you have to be. I'm a traveller, you come across some unsavoury characters, especially in this part of the galaxy."

"Promise that you're not looking to bring conflict here?" Erin looked wary.

"Oh no. Swear on my moisture farm, I never go looking for conflict."

"Well. The quicker the gone, the better all things considered." Erin turned towards the large building at the end of the grassy plain. They both walked together, away from the fallen ship.