Chapter 01

I press both my palms against the window as I stare outside. The pouring, heavy rain crackles softly against the glass and I feel the slow vibrations under my skin.

The night sky stretches for miles and miles. The dark city is drenched and wet. I see countless vehicles flash by and I don't to bother to wonder why anybody would drive at such speed during a heavy downfall.

Maybe I'm not fully awake. Maybe I'm still lost in the mysterious world of dreams.

The endless pathways showed blurry reflections of the perfectly constructed buildings that stood tall and mighty, rigid to their position. The buildings reminds me of bodyguards, whose duty was to protect people they are specifically assigned to. These buildings were no different.

I set my focus back on the rain. It's a wonder how these tiny million droplets of water can make one's emotions swirl. It's fascinating how it can bring back sweet memories and memories that you didn't know existed anymore. Even the dark ones that you want to forget but you can't.

"You up again?" A deep, husky voice came from behind me, interrupting my train of thoughts. He sounded irritated.

"I couldn't sleep." I whisper softly, my eyes still glued to the window. I let out a quiet sigh because I very well knew what the next words were.

"Y/N. Please. Get back to bed." I feel him move closer to me. "If you don't then I'll get you buried alive." He says monotonously and they may sound threatening but I knew the words meant nothing.

"Alright, alright. I'm going to bed." I sigh as I make my way towards the messy bed. I stop for a moment to take a look at him.

He is standing beside the window with both his hands tucked deep into his pockets. Although the moonlight falls onto him through the window, I can't see his face because of the hoodie covering it. His head is angled towards the street outside the window. He doesn't seem to make any movements.

"Hey..."

"Go to bed." He interrupts before I could say anything more. I wouldn't blame him for getting mad. This is the third time I've woken up tonight.

With slow movements, I tuck myself into bed and place my head underneath the pillow. I am sweating beads. I am nervous. I am scared.

Nothing around this dark room is familiar to me. It's my first time entering it. It's cold and silent. What frightens me most is the fact that I didn't know what I had to do next. I'm not prepared, neither mentally nor physically.

I shouldn't have run away from home. I knew it would be a bad idea but I knew I wanted to escape from a place that wouldn't let me breathe.

My parents were psychos who treated me like I was an animal that didn't feel anything. They probably thought I was made of stones. Beating me up gave them pleasure and satisfaction.

I don't remember how exactly I met this guy. I couldn't really rely on my memory to remind me of anything because it's completely messed up.

The only thing I remember is running away and then getting knocked hard on the head. The next thing I knew was I was in a bed that wasn't really comfortable, kidnapped by this stranger. I was in total confusion when I woke with millions thoughts running wild round my head.

He was unexpectedly kind and cruel towards me. I was scared of him at first but now I feel a little bit calmer. He seemed to have guessed that I was running away but I didn't get why he had to kidnap me.

"Didn't I tell you to sleep?" He mutters. He's clearly annoyed.

I wanted to say something but I didn't. I tuck myself deeper into the covers wanting more comfort but it didn't help at all. I missed my bed at home.

"Umm..." I don't even know his name.

"What?" He snapped back, turning his around in a quick motion to face me.

I froze. I was petrified but something else kept me calm. He looked angry but his eyes told otherwise. His hair pulled back to reveal forehead. His long eyelashes fluttered as he blinked. His dark black, round eyes looking back at me with an emotion I couldn't read.

"What the hell do you want?" He took a step forward and I almost choked on air. I am definitely petrified by this man.

"It's...nothing." I whispered quietly and turned over. The moment I was out of his sight, my tears came pouring down. My whole body is shaking from exhaustion. I tried my best not to sniff too loud in case he might hear.

I held onto my tummy tight when it let out a little growl. I accidentally bit my bottom lip too hard it started to bleed. My tears continued to flow uncontrollably. I wanted food. I am hungry.

I wanted to yell, scream my lungs out but I couldn't. I place both my hands on my mouth and squeeze my eyes shut.

Sleep. Sleep. Just sleep. That was the only possible way to escape reality right now.

All of a sudden I felt the bed dip down behind me. Before I could turn around to see what was happening, a strong arm wrapped itself around my waist making me flinch. His soft breathing brushed my neck giving me goosebumps. My back placed against his chest.

I stayed still, not moving the slightest bit. I wasn't sure of how to react. He was...hugging me.

"C-Can I-I ask y-you...something?" He moved closer to me and my breathe got stuck in my throat. He doesn't reply so I take the answer as a yes.

"What will you do to me tomorrow?" I've been wanting to ask him this. I wasn't worried about how I got here rather of how to get out.

"Are you comfortable?" He asks wrapping his arms around me tighter. Why does he care?

"I guess." I say so quietly I bet he didn't hear it. I lied. I am hungry and getting hugged by a stranger wasn't something I was used to.

"Don't lie to me." He presses his hand hard into my stomach and I feel the pain shoot right up. My tears fell like a waterfall.

"S-sorry." I cried out.

"Turn around." I quickly obeyed and turned over using every single bit of energy that remained within me.

He places one of his hands underneath my head and the other runs through my hair, slowly caressing my scalp. He pulls me closer and gently rests my head against his chest. I hear his quiet heartbeat and realize mine's racing like a speed train.

Why is this man so confusing? One minute he's ready to split my throat and the next minute he's hugging me, treating me like I'm something very delicate.

"Better?" I give him a slight nod of my head. I honestly did feel better than before.

We both stayed silent for some time and my eyes started to close. Sleep was finally coming back.

"Y/N."

"Yes..."

"I'll let you go freely tomorrow..." I was about scream out in happiness until I heard his next words. "...but you have something to do."

I look up at him with determined eyes, I was ready to anything to escape and be on my own.

"You'll come find me."

I let out a gasp. My eyeballs widened in shock. "What!?"

He didn't reply. He just stared at me with a blank face.

"What if I don't?" How on earth did he think he could trust me with that? And I wasn't a stupid person either to obey his meaningless conditions.

He smirked. "Trust me when I say I'll find you no matter where you are, princess."