Chapter 02

I crack my eyes open to the sunlight filling my entire room. I let out a groan as I lift my body up, feeling like it weighed millions. Looking towards the window, I blinked several times to adjust my vision to the bright light.

Where the hell am I?

I close my eyes collecting all my thoughts together. Slowly, one by one, my memories from last night came back. I ran away, I got knocked on head and then got kidnapped.

I take the blanket off my body and slip out of bed. I slept with my kidnapper last night...and what were those words he said to me last? Something about...nevermind.

Standing up, I observe my surrounding and realize that it's the first time the room looked so clear to me.

It's a small room with painted white walls. Large cardboard boxes piled up in almost every corner. The only lightbulb in the room is cracked broken. The fan rotated as slow as ever making me I wonder how I slept feeling so cold last night. All the material on the bed is fully covered in white, almost giving it the hospital feeling.

I glance towards the open door and see my backpack laying there. I rush towards it and start digging it, checking if every item I brought was in place. Phew, at least the guy didn't steal anything.

On left of the room, I spotted the bathroom door. I scan around the bathroom with wide eyes. No fungus growing from here and there, no cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and no gross looking corners. I check if the water supplies still works and thankfully it did. Overall it's was useable bathroom.

After quite some time, I decide to use the bathroom to freshen up. Well...mostly because I had no other choice.

I put my backpack on after I got prepared and then left the room cautiously.

Leaving the room, I entered the living area next. Unexpectedly, even the door here was left wide open as if it had been waiting for me to leave.

I advance towards the door when suddenly, I froze in my tracks. Onto my right side was a large and old, broken sofa. And on the sofa lay a dead body of a middle-aged woman with her hands falling towards the ground.

Dry blood scattered on her yellow skirt and white blouse, along with some of it on her long straight hair. My eyes blew wide open at the hideous, bloody sight.

Goosebumps ran up my body and my legs began to tremble. I felt my lips turn white. Who the hell did this? I can't-

Without any second thoughts, I dash out the building as fast as I could, trying not to fall because my legs felt like jelly. I ran and ran and ran as fast as I could. Panting and breathing heavily. Nothing in my sight looked right, everything is so messy and blur.

What on earth? Who was she? Why was she there? Did I just sleep in the same house as a dead body? Who the freaking hell killed HER?!?

"AAAAAH!" I scream my lungs out feeling my legs give out, I fall down. My knees scratched against the rocky ground and I felt the wet bleeding around them. I grab hold of my hair in frustration.

"You alright there, kid?" My eyes flutter up to see a man with hands in his pockets, raising his eyebrows at me. He looked confused and worried.

"I guess..." I say getting up to my feet. The sparkling pain around my knees is killing me.

"You lost or something?" He asks. I shake my head to a 'no'. How does this man expect a 19 year old to be lost? Oh please.

"I am not from around here actually." I lie. I knew the city better than anybody but for now, I decided it would best to pretend.