Chapter Four

Still naked and snuggled up to each other, we unexpectedly fell asleep on the couch until a loud, hysterical voice filled out the room: "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PERVERTS DOING THERE?!?!" I slowly opened my eyes to see my mother right in front of us, staring at me angrily. She looked like she was just about to explode when I realized that Shannon and I were still laying there, all naked and way too close to each other. Fuck. "DID YOU GUYS HAVE SEX OR WHAT?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?" Shannon and me quickly grabbed a blanket to hide our naked bodies and said "I can explain" at the same time. "Don't cover yourselves. I've seen you two many times before, but I never thought I'd see both of your exposed bodies at the same fucking time! Now try to explain this fucking situation we're in right now!", she yelled. Shannon scratched his neck while trying to find the right words to say: "It's not what it looks like.. the heating wasn't working properly, so we took off our clothes to.. uh.. endure the heat?"

Wow at that, Shannon. I couldn't hold back my laughter and explained my mother what actually happened while she was about to slap both of us to death. "Put your hand down, bitch. Nobody likes people like you. I'm your damn daughter and probably the person who hates you the most. Get your fucking shit together and accept the fact that nobody can stand a person like you. Can't think of another reason why dad ran away and eventually took his life because he was just that afraid of you."

Tears ran down her face as she sank down to ground, quietly whispering whilst staring at the floor: "Get out.. right fucking now. Don't you ever come back. Both of you." Shannon gave me a concerned look, then spoke to my mother: "She didn't..", the woman on the ground interrupted him: "I SAID GET OUT! PACK YOUR GOD DAMN BAGS AND FIND A PLACE TO BE HAPPY WITHOUT ME.", her voice trembled as she was crying and screaming at the same time.

I didn't even feel sorry for her. She got what she deserved and Shannon and I could be happy together. "Jenn.. I'm sorry, but what your daughter said is the awful truth.", Shannon said while putting his clothes back on and grabbing as many things as he could to put all of them in a huge suitcase. Mom was still kneeling on the ground and remained silent. How unusual. I'd expected her to pull our lungs out. Oh well, that made it way easier for us.

I grabbed all the important things I needed without thinking about it since I didn't have many things that meant something to me. All I had were three bags full of stuff I wasn't even sure if I'd ever need it. I knew my mom well enough to know that she'd throw the rest out to forget about the past, but all I cared about was getting away from her. With Shannon. 'We'd go wherever the wind took us.. oh wow, Gabrielle. Now that thought was extremely movie-like. Shhhhsh brain. Focus. The door. Go there. Leave the house. Forever. Yas.', I said to myself.

Shannon was already awaiting me at the front door with five bags and suitcases full of his stuff. "Bye Jenn!", both of us yelled while running out of the house as fast as we could. I took one last look at the woman who always claimed to be my mother, but never seemed like it to see her scratching her scalp open. Fine. She was finally going fully insane. I didn't even care anymore, so I turned my head back to Shannon as he shut the door behind of us. "So.. where are we going to go?", I said with a big smile on my face.