Part 1

God, I hate my mother. All my life the bad guy was my mother, she had three kids with my dad and then left when the last one was 2. No one will ever know the true reason it's all just a bunch of jumbled stories. I know for a fact though it involves a carnival, depression, and an almost scuicide. But this is not that story. So it all started in the year 2020 the year so nice they named it twice. Well that's bullshit, this year is 2021 and the vaccine for Miss Rona turned our world into a wasteland filled with Empties, or more formally known as zombies.

"Are you dressed yet?" yelled Mother. "School starts in an hour! You are going to be late."

"Almost!" I yell through the house. Changing my shirt for the 10th time.

My little sister comes bouncing through my room drinking her 3rd Monster in an hour. "Mom wants to know if you are ready yet."

I roll my eyes and push her out of my room graping my backpack and shoes. As I'm putting them on, mother tells me that I have to drive Apple instead of making her walk. I tell her immediately I'm walking to school and she can walk too. I see Apple roll her eyes out of the corner of my eye.

"Alice!" its mother.

"Yes..." I say cautiously.

"Did you give my babies water?" my mother asks, smooshing her favorite dog, Tilia.

"Yes." I say as I roll my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. And give them more!"

I swear she's the stepmother straight out of Cinderella. As I get the dogs water I think about what's going to happen today. I've got a test in english and a paper due in science. I then remember I forgot to pack my clothes for PE. I cram leggings and tshirt into my backpack. And head out the door. Little did I know that the world was coming to an end.