Chapter 1: Where are the Ziegler's?

It is the first day of competition season! I am so excited to get this dance year on the road. It is going to be so much fun with everybody. Except for our moms bickering and fighting at our rehearsals and competitions. It kinda gets me into a different mood I do not want to be in. I have to keep my head in the game and focus on dance and dance only. That is my goal this dance season. Hopefully I am at the top of the pyramid a lot. I am not usually because of Maddie. But, we are both very well dancers and we are equally as good.

Some people compare me and Maddie. I get all mad because of it. We are both two people. We should not be compared. When I dance it should be about me, and when Maddie dances it should be about her. Simple.

My mom and I are on our way to the studio. So many things are racing through my head now; will I be at the top of the pyramid, will I be better or worse? I have no idea. I just hope we have a great dance season and everybody getting a turn to be at the top of the pyramid. It is only fair. People should not judge us. We are all equally as good. That is final. I just want a stress free dance year. That is all.

We are about 5 minutes away from the studio and my stomach starts feeling like it is going to burst. Probably just nervousness. Then, my mom starts talking to me.

" Chloe, are you okay? You seem a bit worried or nervous" She says as I look away out to the window to ease my stress.

" Oh nothing. Just want dance to be fun and no stress at all. Hopefully everything turns out the way I planned." I say taking a big and loud sigh.

" Well, me too. Hopefully our wishes come true" She says as she is focusing on the crowded road ahead.

" Yep" I say silencing myself a bit to catch my breath.

We get to ALDC and I feel like a million bricks just fell off my shoulders. I feel so much better. I get to see my friends and Miss Abby and I get back to dancing. I open the car door in a rush and grasp my dance bag in a hurry. I spot Paige, Brooke, and Kelly in the parking lot and I race to say hi to all three of them. Then, we all headed into the studio in total and complete happiness. We can not wait to start another dance year!

We headed into the waiting room and everybody was there. Except, Maddie, Mackenzie, and Melissa. What happened to them? I know the whole controversy that happened at the end of the last dance season. Hopefully that did not make them leave. I love their company. I start to stretch and it feels amazing. I have not stretched for dance in weeks. It just feels so good to be loose and stretched out. Have not felt it in a long time.

As we finish stretching, Miss Abby opens the door in glee. She has not done that in a long time.

" Welcome back dancers! It is so great to be starting another successful dance year!" She says in complete happiness.

" Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!" We all scream so she sees us happy and ready to dance.

" Hold up a sec. Where are the Ziegler's? They are supposed to be here."

" Well, we have not seen them" Kelly says in a weird tone.

" Well, lets get started I guess. I will get to the bottom of this. Go head in girls"

" Okay" We all say in unison.

We all walk in in a straight line waiting to hear our places on the pyramid. We are completely silent, but we are all smiling at the same time.

" Welcome back. We have a lot of business to go over. Starting with the pyramid. On the bottom, is Mackenzie. She is not here at the moment so let us move on. Next is Nia. You did very well last season, but a few things you could improve on this year. Next is Paige. Same goes to you. Next is Brooke. You definitely showed your talents and gracefulness to everybody, but I want that teenager crap out of here. Next is Chloe. You are one of my best dancers and you definitely improved this past dance season. And on top is Maddie, but she is not here. So, now our competition this weekend." Miss Abby says rubbing her hands together and talking in a deep voice.

" We are going to Starbound Competition in New Jersey. I want you all on your best behavior" she says as we all nod our heads.

" Our group dance will be a jazz routine. There will be three solos; Maddie, Chloe, and Nia. I want you all practicing your heart out at our first comp this season" Me and Nia  nodded our heads again.

Second person to the top. As usual. I want to be on top. Every week. Well, not every week, but a lot. That is why I am going to give all I got at our comp this weekend.

Nothing will stop me. Nothing.