part III: when the night is over

Songs: 
When the Night is Over- Lord Huron
You're Not the One- Sky Ferreira
20 something- SZA
Why Didn't You Stop Me- Mistiki
Overwhelmed- Chloe X Halle 

Anthony's legs searched for footholds along the surface of the mattress as if the sheets that wrapped his sleeping body burned his skin. He fought kicking against the restrictive linens searching for unattainable relief. 

With an exasperated groan, he flipped over, rotating his hips against the soft but firm mattress. Bucking his hips with slight subconsciousness against the hard but pliable surface. A sleeping Anthony whimpered lightly against his pillow at the desired pressure. 

Anthony had experienced a near-nightly ritual of frustration since his last encounter with Siena nearly six months ago. Impulsively hedonistic, he was unaccustomed to his recent celibacy which had begun to drive him mad. 

However, it was all in pursuit to finally fulfill the larger responsibility he held to his family. To somehow reform his rakish ways and become a worthy husband for a suitable wife, to create a suitable heir. Unfortunately for Anthony, duty, responsibility, and self-control held little dominance over his dreams. In fact, they preferred to toy with him, allowing Queen Mab to visit and overpower his body whenever she so pleased, which appeared to be nightly. 

His body craved satisfaction, and though asleep the aches his desire created pooled in his thighs as they became tense with each fluttering sensation. He ground his body deeper into the pliant bed begging for any relief that might find him. 

His dreams had only become more intense over time. Starting as just fleeting sensations: the imagery of unidentifiable naked women, short musings of their anatomy, or fleeting fantasies. 

But, tonight Anthony's mind had truly decided to punish his drought. As for the first-time memories, he swore he forgot, memories that wished to remain unvisited violated his vulnerable state of sleep. Memories that in content were far too innocent to elicit such a reaction from an experienced man. 

He remembered her face, though in his dreams he only saw shy glimpses. They were teenagers again. Still innocent of any scars their complicated relationship had created, not even aware of each other's interest or bodies. 

"Anthony, wait!" Caroline yelped after him as they sprinted along the familiar wooded creek that ran behind Caroline's father's property.

"What is it?" he called back.

"I have a pebble in my slipper. I'm afraid I cannot keep up!"

Caroline sat on a small boulder rather ungracefully. Picking her foot up sloppily exposing the calf of her stocking, making Anthony's eyes widen and body tighten. An awkward but intense feeling overcame him. However, the lessons of propriety his father had instilled within him rang in his ears.

"Ahem! Miss, I will fix it for you," Anthony said. Intending that such an act may protect her from continuing to accidentally expose herself to him. 

Caroline looked up at him with a rather puzzled expression at his new formalities with her but shrugged absentmindedly. 

Anthony found her adorable, and at that moment intoxicatingly attractive. Though she was completely unaware, even at fifteen of the effect she might have on men. Especially the effect she had on him.

Anthony composed himself taking a deep breath, before slowly falling to his knees. 

As he knelt before her, he averted his gaze from her face as a flush of awkward and unknown feelings grew within him. And he wondered if this would still classify as improper, as he lifted her foot gently from the woodland floor and held it in his hands gently. He utilized his willpower and forced his fingers not to linger upon the soft linen as he lightly lifted her dress exposing her shoe. Allowing it to modestly rest along her ankle. He did–however, notice her ankles and the white stockings that peaked beneath her dress. Intrusive thoughts compelled him to reach beneath her dress and expose where they began. But instead, he controlled himself as he knew he must. And with a small but anxious gulp, he began unlacing her leather slipper.