Chapter Three

For the next week it was as if my body had been in survival mode. Auto piloting a strange cycle of embarrassment, self loathe, and pain.

Outside of the times id crawl to the bathroom and slink myself back to bed, someone would, at the early hours of day,  leave food on the mahogany dresser by the door. Then later that night they'd take away the dishes. And it seemed as though an Angel knew when I was struggling the most because I'd feel soothing hands push me past the barrier of consciousness and into the realm of rest.

***

I clenched my eyes tighter, face scrunching up as I felt soft skin slide over my eyes.

"His eye bags are a lot better." A warm voice noted

"It's because Nan's been sleeping with him every night, do you know how lonely it's been?"

"Shut up Theo. Ronan's being helpful, what have you been doing these last couple of days?"

"... you."

"... touché..."

The other mans voice sounded baritone and a bit raspy like a smokers, and because of its unsettling resemblance to my fathers I stirred awake. Left blinking at the cream ceiling while my eyes adjusted to the light.

"Ooh his eyes look like mine! Pretty."

The man I assigned to be Theo, snorted. "Calm done, your narcissist is showing Claud."

As my vision started to clear I could see a porcelain skinned, dark eyed, fluffy strawberry blond roll his eyes.

"Dark eyes are mysterious, sexy. Your just jealous boo."

Next to him a tall honey colored man with dark red hair and auburn eyes rose a thick eyebrow, "Are my eyes not darker then George's pubi-"

"THEO"

The screech of a new voice made me groan and three set of eyes snapped toward me, and while I was feeling much better then the first day I was far from being considered in tip-top shape.

I looked over to see a boy with a Slavic look. Light brown hair, pale skin, light blue eyes, a sharp nose, and a pretty set of high cheekbones. He gave me a wide toothy grin and easily made his way past the other two. He had an air of confidence I'd only played on set, and a genuiness in his eyes that even a superb actor couldn't replicate. 

"How are you feeling Willum? Do you think you can walk around? Wanna come eat fruit snacks with me and Maxie? He said he'll let you cuddle Beady if it makes you feel better."

Part of me wondered why he was whispering, but by the slight shake in his posture I could tell the gentle; subtle approach he was trying to do was unlike him.

I closed my eyes for a second, too many new faces. Too many new names but not one for him. I didn't know how much more room my brain could spare for the people of this house, it was already too full of bad thoughts. I still want my stash.

And that's when I got the idea. A actors best role is the one he improvised to perfection.

I opened my eyes and gave a pained smile, "I'd like that very much."