Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"Tori! Stop fidgeting!" Rikki told me, smacking me in the head with the hairbrush.

"I'm sorry okay!" I exclaimed, glaring at her through the vanity mirror. "I'm meeting his parents for Pete's sake! What am I supposed to tell them?" I asked, starting to hyperventilate as my mind went into overdrive.

Ashlyn laughed as Brooke rummaged through Rikki's closet. "Tor, you'll be fine," Ashlyn commented quietly as she swiped the tiniest bit of mascara over my already too-long lashes.

I blinked against the wand as I spoke. "Why are you guys making such a big deal out of this anyway? Why can't I just wear what I normally do?" I asked.

Brooke sighed as she emerged from the closet holding a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and a black, silky, lace-backed shirt. She tossed them at me before handing me a pair of black strappy heels as well. "Logan's parents are all about first impressions. They're not snobbish or anything like that, but you are Logan's mate and they'll want to see that you can be a lady if you try," she explained.

Sounded slightly like my family, only much more laid back. I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts. "Fine," I curtly said, snatching the eyeliner from Ashlyn before applying a thin line of it. Ashlyn wasn't allowed near me with eyeliner anymore. The last time she did it for me I couldn't see out of my right eye for a week.

Sighing, I walked over and changed into the outfit Brooke had laid out for me. Lately she had begun to spend more time with Rikki, Ashlyn, and I. It made me feel better that she was coming around. Once I was dressed, I made my way to Rikki's full length mirror and fluffed out my hair. Ashlyn had curled it earlier and it was bothering me. I was used to my natural waves and the sleek curls were an odd change.

My anxiety rose and Ashlyn seemed to pick up on it. "Breathe," she ordered, coming over and placing her hands on my shoulders.

"Yes, ma'am!" I exclaimed, shoving her away from me as I slipped into the heels.

Rikki grabbed hold of my arm the minute they were on. "You'll do great, Tori," she said, dragging me out of her room and down the hall. As we reached the living room she gave me a quick once over. "At least Logan will appreciate our hard work," she grumbled before shoving me into the living room.

His sharp intake of breath echoed around the room causing me to whip my head up to meet his gaze. Logan was staring at me with wide eyes, awe the apparent emotion on his face. My cheeks flamed even more scarlet and I dropped my gaze to the floor. My entire body went still as I heard him approach me.

Why had I agreed to this again?

Logan was in front of me way too soon. His finger gently tilted my chin up until all I could see were his emerald eyes. For what could've been anywhere from seconds to years, we just stood there with our gazes locked. He finally broke the trance by smiling widely and leaning down to my ear. "You're beautiful, Torian," he murmured.

He began to pull away, but before I knew what was happening his lips were on mine. The kiss was quick and soft, but when he drew back, his eyes were wide. Then I realized that it was my hand on the back of his neck. I had done that?

Useless shifter hormone.

A shy smile graced my lips as I stepped away from him, needing the breathing room to clear my head. Before the moment could get too awkward, the front door banged open. "We're home!" a masculine voice called.

My eyes went wide and within seconds everyone was around me. David and Logan flanked me on both sides and the rest of the packs crowded around. Logan snagged my waist and pulled me closer to him. As I heard the approaching footsteps, my heartbeat increased tenfold. Fear suddenly spread through me and made it hard to breathe. "Relax, ma vie," Logan breathed in my ear.