Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I was back in that damn cave.

"Hello again, darling," Xander's voice carried to me and I scowled into the darkness.

Growling lowly, I pushed myself into a sitting position and located him where he was leaning against the wall a few feet away from me. "What do you want, Xander?" I asked,

"Well obviously to see you," he said, placing his hand over his heart in mock hurt.

"I had better not really be here," I ground out.

"What do you mean?" he questioned, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Logan explained this to me," I said, moving my hair to graze my fingers over his mark.

"He explained it to you?" He frowned when I nodded mutely. "He really ruins all of my fun."

"Tell me what you want or let me wake up, Xander," I muttered.

Within seconds he was around the cot. My eyes widened as he cradled my face in his ice cold hands. Before I knew what he was doing, he had lowered his lips onto mine. At first I was frozen in shock, but then I remembered about my mate who was probably losing his mind with worry and I was furious. Snarling, I shoved him away from me. "What the hell?" I spat.

"That's all I wanted," he replied, looking for all he was worth like the cat that ate the canary. He shoved his hands deep into his pockets and looked up at me through his eyelashes with a sly smile curving his lips.

My eyes narrowed. "Why you little –"

He placed his hand gently over my mouth, cutting me off. "Until next time, darling," he cooed before everything faded to black.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

When my eyes opened and refocused, I sat bolt upright in bed. A cold sweat had broken out over my body and I began to shake. "Ma vie?" Logan asked, rubbing my back soothingly.

"I'm fine," I instantly said.

He sighed before dragging me back down to the bed with him. "Tell me," he instructed once we were laying down.

"He kissed me," I muttered, not really seeing the point in arguing with him.

The rage worked its way across his face, but he fought to control it. "That's it? He didn't say anything else?" he finally asked after letting out a long breath.

"No."

"I'm going to kill him," he snarled, a growl rumbling deep in his chest.

"Only if you let me help," I threw in, hoping to lighten the mood.

It seemed to work because he beamed down at me. "It's a deal," he said. A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth as I turned my back to him and closed my eyes again. "Oh, no you don't!" Logan exclaimed, rolling me back over until I was facing him. "Time to get up. You get to meet my parents today."

"Now why would you make me do that?" I asked with a quirked eyebrow.

"Because they're going to want to meet their son's mate," he replied matter-of-factly, pulling me to my feet.

"When is this supposed to happen?" I whined, crossing my arms over my chest in indignation. This was a horrible idea. I didn't even want to be here and he was going to introduce me to his parents? What was going on inside this man's head?

"They'll be home from their trip around noon." My heartbeat was going a mile a minutes and I was beginning to hyperventilate. This was going to go bad, I just knew it. "Hey," he soothed, taking my face between his hands and forcing me to meet his emerald eyes. "Calm down, ma vie. You'll be fine." His voice was so sure that it was hard for me not to believe him.

My eyes rolled of their own accord as I shoved past him and made my way into the kitchen. As I took a seat on one of the stools, Logan began to make coffee. "I sure hope you're right," I murmured, more to myself than him.

But of course he heard me. He set down the coffee and leaned across the island counter and placed a finger under my chin. "They'll love you," he told me, his voice firm.

"Whatever you say," I muttered.

He gave me a reassuring smile. My heart melted and I smiled back, hoping for all I was worth that he was right about his parents.

❃ ❃ ❃ ❃ ❃

"Please don't," the man pitifully whimpered in her arms.

She withdrew her bleeding wrist from his mouth and rolled her eyes. "Shut up," she spat before snapping his neck. She knew that he would wake up a vampire within a few hours now that he had her blood in his system.

"You need to stop killing so many from the same town, Raven," a masculine voice called from the darkness behind her.

Raven spun around and glared at the owner of the familiar voice. Xander seemed to materialize out of the shadows as he stepped into the alley. "You want an army? Don't tell me what to do," she said, tossing the lifeless body to the ground at his feet. "Here's your newest addition." She didn't hesitate in spinning on her heel and beginning to walk away.

"Raven," he lazily called.

"What?" she hissed, stopping but not bothering to turn around.

Xander walked around her until he was standing right in front of her. "Aren't you happy to see me?" he asked, Raven's favorite smirk of his fitting itself onto his face. The same smirk that she had fallen for so long ago.

"Far from it," she growled, shoving past him and running full force into the woods. She couldn't believe Xander still had the audacity to track her down after so many years and ask her to help him build an army. He was the one that wanted her to help him reclaim the land they had once lost to the shifters, and now he wanted her to limit the number of soldiers she took from each town? The sound of Xander's pursuit reached Raven's ears and she pushed herself to move faster.

She really didn't want anything to do with him at the moment. She knew about his escapade with the she-wolf and she wasn't particularly happy with him. She had thought Xander had better taste than that.

"You're just jealous I'm not after you anymore," Xander inserted into her head.

She growled, attempting to get far enough away from him so that he couldn't use his power. Why on earth did he have to be powerful enough to be one of the few vampires in existence to have talents? Even though his words were true, Raven hated to admit to them. She had thought he loved her once, but he showed her that the feelings were completely one sided.

With yet another shifter of all things.

The growl that built in her chest couldn't be helped. She didn't know why she was so worked up over Xander's affairs with the shifters, but she was. It was wrong to mix species. Why couldn't he just stick to his own kind? To her?

She shook her head to clear it of the thoughts. Another town popped into view and a sadistic smile crept across her face. If Xander wanted an army and the land, he could have them.

And then Raven would kill him and rule it herself.

________________________________________________

Eh, it's short and I'm not very happy with it.

But, I'd still like to know what YOU thought about it!

so....

Comment!

Vote!

Possibly Become A Fan?

Thanks a ton for the support guys! ;)

<3Always

KC