Chapter 10

First off: WHAT THE HELL THERE ARE 300 READS????? I gave myself a break from writing because school was dropping tests and projects. So forgive me if I didn't update. So back to the story. 

Phoenix woke up in a cold sweat with ash in his mouth. The same nightmare kept hitting him over and over again. He dreamt that Jett didn't make it to the teleporter because she went back for him. She got shot through the heart by his Kingdom agent copy. The exact same dream, over and over again. He'd told Sage, who had tried to heal him. She told him the she found nothing to heal. There was nothing that was injured. Sage had called Skye in, who used her plants to soothe the nightmare away, but they kept coming back. He checked the clock beside his bed. It was 3 in the morning. He groaned and got up to get water. To his surprise, he found Jett there as well. 

Jett stared at Phoenix. He looked horrible. She had been coming out around this time just to walk around. She couldn't sleep. "Hey." He looked at her. "I just wanna say thanks. For y'know. Running me back to the teleporter." She gave him a tired smile. "You owe me now." Phoenix huffed a laugh. "I'll think about it wind girl." Jett studied him. "Why are you up so late anyway? Usually it's just me."

Phoenix's eyes shuttered. "Can't sleep." She narrowed her eyes. "I do know you well enough to tell when you are lying." He shrugged. "I'm going to call in that fucking favor. What the hell is wrong?" Phoenix loosed a sigh. "I've been having dreams. Where you didn't make it to the teleporter. My Kingdom copy killed you. You died because of me." 

Shit. I didn't mean to spill everything out. What the hell do I do now?  Phoenix watched Jett's eyes widen. She walked over and sat next to him. Was she really that warm? Or was he just cold? The two walked to the couch and sat together. Jett leaned on his shoulder. "Knowing you, you won't want to be seen like this in the morning," said Phoenix. Jett rolled her eyes. "You were the one who looked in need of a hug, not me." Phoenix smirked slightly.  Jett fell asleep shortly after. He picked her up and carried her back to her room. He went back to his room and fell asleep. He didn't have another dream the rest of the night. 

So, so sorry for a short chapter. I'll have a longer one dropping soon. Stay safe yall. ALSO drop ideas in the comments. If you want something to happen just let me know. 

(457 words)