Chapter 3

You followed the tall prince through the castle until he brought you to an empty room, cloth covered the floor and furniture and it was much more dusty than the rest of the castle.

"What is this room for?" You questioned.

"It was originally a parlor, but it became unnecessary and we didn't have any idea what to use this room for, but if you want, this could be your studio." He offered. You slowly went around the room, it had amazing natural light that shined against the walls, it also had a fireplace, and while the walls were white, you could easily paint them if allowed.

"Could I paint the walls, sir?" You asked.

"Do you not like white walls?"

"No, they really bother me, it's like staring at a blank canvas for me." You shook your head.

"You can do what you wish with this room, princess." He confirmed.

"Then this will make a great art studio." You smiled as you admired the curtain drapes. "Say, do you know where I will be staying?"

"I'm afraid not, my mother made certain not to let me know of your room arrangements so as to make sure there is no intimacy." He explained, making you laugh. "I don't believe this is a laughing matter." He explained confused.

"I'm sorry, prince Spock, it's just that you're Vulcan! And I don't think you and I would allow that in just the first week we've met." You smiled.

"I see, I fully agree with you. I believe my mother is expecting too much of us."

"Yes, I wonder how excited she was for my visit."

"Oh, she was quite excited, she has been preparing for over a month now, and my father, well- he has been more stressed than anything."

I see, but I hope you realize that I must know my arrangements by the end of the night."

"I understand fully, it is nearing the end of the night, we must get back to the ballroom." He stated, making you pout.

"Aw, but must we? We could continue sneaking around the castle." You offered mischievously.

"You know just as much as I that that is not a choice." He corrected. You rolled your eyes, and crossed your arms.

"Alright, I understand. But- would it be alright if I held your arm? I-I'm quite nervous, sir." You confessed timidly.

"Naturally, princess, is there anything else I could do for you?"

"No, that will be enough for me." You stated. He nodded and held out his arm, you took it with slight hesitation and he led you back to the ballroom.

"Prince Spock and Princess (Y/N), may I ask where you two went?" King Sarek asked with a disapproving look. The king was quite intimidating in your eyes, and you found yourself moving closer to Spock and his warmth instinctively. Luckily for you, he let you.

"The princess becomes nervous around crowds, so I took her elsewhere after the first dance." He explained. Sarek raised an eyebrow and looked at your flushed face.

"King Darek, you didn't explain your daughters nervousness in our discussions." He said to your father who was on his left.

"That's because I never take her out to be in a crowd, I didn't want her to get any ideas of teenage rebellion or to do foolish things." He explained with a stern look.

"I see. I should have done the same with my son." He spat.

"Father, may we not discuss this in public?"