Ch.3 The Vigilante

"Manager, you're late."

Kim Taehyung declared as soon as his superior stepped inside the building in all his usual grandeur. He always made a show out of himself, swishing his coat, blowing out kisses to his expectant groups of admirers. Ahem, ladies, ahem. Taehyung shook his head with a smile at his superior's dramatics. "Ah, Taehyung, my man." Jimin greeted his friend with his signature crescent-eyed smile. Taehyung gave him a curt bow in return.

"Our lady friend over there was quite upset about your tardiness.' He reported, smirking pointing a finger towards a corner where a group of ladies stood whispering among themselves.

Jimin flashed a smile their way and a few giggles erupted from the group.

"Seriously, how do you do it?" Taehyung asked enviously watching him in awe.

"You just have to play along," Jimin spoke with a flirtatious wave, wiggling an eyebrow to the group as a demonstration to the taller lad.

"To that?!" He visibly shuddered, "Never in a million years! Those creatures are scary as hell!" He exclaimed, face morphing into one that of utter horror. 

Taehyung was a handsome man. I mean, a really really handsome man. So just as with Jimin, girls loved to swoon over the hot manager's assistant. But when it came to girls, Taehyung couldn't handle them. The poor guy had been traumatized ever since he had a girl stalk him at high school and he swore that day he had nothing to do with girls anymore.

"Oh, come on. It can't be that bad." Jimin was saying with a chuckle but that adamant expression on Taehyung's face conveyed nothing but stubbornness. He had his fair share of stalker girls. He didn't want any more of them. He turned to Jimin and gestured towards his coat.

"Your phone has been ringing for quite some time." Taehyung indicated at the dim glow of his lit-up screen barely peeking through the material of the coat.

Jimin fished it out of his pocket and was surprised to see that it was his brother.

"Hello-"

"JIMIN! Oh, thank god! Are you alright? You are not hurt, are you?!" Kim Seokjin yelled from the other end of the phone.

"Wh-what? Of course, I'm fine. Why?" Jimin asked, alarmed at the older one's hysteria.

"I just turned on the TV and the news came up saying the there was a huge accident in the fourth intersection with a truck and six other cars, and I remembered you go to work through that intersection and I was so scared-"

"Wait, wait," Jimin cut him off. "Which intersection did you say?" He asked slowly.

"Th-the 4th intersection." 

You might want to avoid the fourth intersection today. 

He gasped. The text message-

Jimin quickly whirled around and strode up to the nearest Television he could find and flipped it to the news channel.

[...say that brake failure was the reason for the major accident at 4th intersection today. The driver was killed at the spot, along with five other passengers of the six cars that the truck crashed into. The casualties are now being transported to the hospital...]

Jimin's lips parted in shock as he stood there staring at the television screen.

What        the       actual     f-

His eyes drifted to his phone and he slowly scrolled through his apps to the Messaging app. A shaking finger clicked open the app but he didn't find what he was looking for. The message box that had earlier warned him of taking the 4th intersection had vanished from his phone. How in the world-

[...On to our next news, Psychic exposes the truth again. The Chief Director of XXX had been caught dealing with the black market. The Police reveal-]

Jimin's attention turned back to the TV.

[....Psychic is an anonymous vigilante who has helped quite a few people through his warning text messages. The past few years he had also consistently worked to expose the truth behind corruption with hard evidence while choosing to stay incognito. Even as of today, we are receiving calls from individuals claiming that they had received a text from Psychic that had saved them from the 4th intersection catastrophe-]

Another gasp left his lips. Could it be...?

A soft ding resounded from his phone. The message that popped up soon confirmed his suspicions.

Unknown
Told ya ;)

It was Psychic.

A/n: Oooh...      

If someone's confused about the male pronouns of Psychic, don't worry. You'll find out why that is ;)