Ch.14 Dagger

Eyes trained forward Jimin stood at the end of the long gloomy hallway of the dorms. Number 303 glared back at him in a bold font from the door at the end. A quick glance towards his watch told him that it was 6:30 in the evening. The sky darkened earlier than ever in December and Jimin shrugged his jacket closer in hopes of maintaining the warmth.

He was currently lying hidden by the staircase to the upper levels, watching each person that walked by him with skepticism earning a few creeped-out glances from them while some others threw him a dirty look as they passed by. One couldn't blame them.

Jimin sighed. What was he doing? When he had proposed the plan to Psychic he had been confident. Too confident maybe. But now as he sat there staring at the door at the end of the hallway, he wasn't too sure of that. Maybe it was his fear that made him lose hope. Jimin shunned the thought aside. He never lost hope. He couldn't. Because that was Park Jimin.

One lone light bulb that hung from the center of the hallway flickered and hummed as Jimin lied there waiting for his target. As he stared at the door, waiting, nerves suddenly acting up in anticipation, a man stepped out from the staircase that led downstairs holding a pizza box. He was tall, shoulders broad, his hair so long that they curtained his eyes, his form was sturdy.

Jimin didn't know what it was but as soon as he came into sight, he felt the chill creep up his spine. A feeling of something out of order. Something malicious.

He ducked his head behind the stairs as the man looked around the building eyes narrowed making sure that no one was there. Contented with his observation, he made his way to the end of the hallway and Jimin gulped down. It was him. Dagger.

One of the cruelest, cold-blooded psychopaths in the country. He killed, hunted, the innocent for his vain enjoyment. Jimin knew he had no chance in physical combat. His noodle arms couldn't even compare. Maybe he had been a little too focused on his abs.

Jimin watched in fear and unease as the Pizza delivery man rang the doorbell of the room. Muscles tensed up and adrenaline pumping, he waited by the stairs with the man for the girl to open the door. Heart beating frantically against his chest Jimin watched, as he clenched his fists to keep them from trembling.

"Hello," A soft greeting came from the room as the door opened revealing a young girl in her early twenties smiling at the delivery guy. The guy bowed his head and said something to her, his voice so low that Jimin couldn't quite hear him. The girl however smiled as she nodded and took the delivery box from him and went back inside the room. Dagger took the opportunity to take hold of a wad of napkins from the bag and pour a bottle of liquid over them. Chloroform.

Jimin's fists tightened as he lay there in wait. It's coming. Anytime now.

The girl came back with a card in her hand smiling politely and was about to say something when the man raised his hand holding the chloroform napkin causing the girl to squeak out in surprise and just as he was about to bring it to her face to muffle her scream and knock her out, there was a yell.

"HEY!"

Jimin stepped out of his hiding spot head raised in fake confidence, fists clenched as he stared at the man who stood there frozen.

"You are Dagger."

The man's eyes widened in surprise as Jimin looked towards the girl, "Call the police. QUICK."

The girl ran inside the apartment without a moment's delay and Jimin looked back to his target.

There was a pause.

Then Dagger ran towards him. Startled at the sudden movement Jimin stood frozen at the spot mentally dreading for an attack when he ran past him and towards the other end where the stairs were. F*ck. He's trying to escape.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!" He yelled at the retreating form, knowing that it was useless but still trying to do something to distract Dagger. Dagger bolted down the stairs at an inhumane speed that made Jimin regret his life choices once again. Why couldn't he have done some workout training that mattered?!

Jimin shot down the stairs following the psychopath as his heart raced inside of him and adrenaline pumped into his system and when he reached the front entrance of the dorms Dagger shot out of the building out into the crowd. Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t, I can't lose him.

Panicking as Dagger ran out of sight, Jimin ran up to the entrance. Eyes narrowed, he looked through the crowds. Please, please, please... There he is!

Dagger had his car parked nearby and he was just getting inside when Jimin spotted him. Determined not to lose the psychopath Jimin looked around when his eyes fell on a yellow taxi cab parked nearby and he rushed towards the car. Throwing open the front door he got inside, startling the lady driver who sat in the driver's seat and he yelled, "Follow that blue car! HURRY!"

"B-but Sir, this is a Women-only taxi-"

"STEP DOWN ON IT!" Dagger was getting out of sight. He couldn't afford to lose him. If he got away now, many innocent people would be hurt in the future. The lady driver stuttered out a squeaky 'okay' and she turned on the ignition.

Did I ever mention that Seoul was the most populous city in South Korea? And in the evening as the traffic increased it seemed like the whole 9.7 million people of the city were crowded right there and then blocking the road. Did the Universe have something against him?

"Faster! Faster!" Jimin was yelling and the girl who was driving the car was getting more and more panicked as she sputtered out 'yes sir', 'I'm trying sirs to him. She was not a well-accomplished driver. She braked every single time a car passed by her side and no matter how she pressed down on the accelerator, it didn't move fast enough. If Jimin hadn't known any better he would have thought she was doing it on purpose to slow them down, but the rational part of him reminded him that she was just panicking. She was trembling as she kept her scared wide eyes on the road trying to move the car, her shallow breathing sounding through the car as she gripped the steering wheel in a death grip trying to keep her hands from trembling. A part of him felt really guilty for yelling but it was not the time to try and be nice. A criminal was out on the loose and had slipped right through his fingers. He had to catch him.

The car was finally getting a little closer to the Dagger's blue one and Jimin was yelling-um- encouraging the young driver to move a little faster. They had almost caught up to him. Almost.

And then Jimin was abruptly thrown to the front, as tires squealed and the car came to a halt at the middle of the road.