Chapter 17

Timmy was already dressed and armed with a substitute dagger. He and Nathan were left to get replacement weapons since the night Alex had broke them. He was now in the gym working on a sandbag punch after punch when he felt Nathan grab his waist from behind and hoist him up onto his shoulders. "I see you're ready to go." He joked. Timmy smiled a little but automatically reverted back to a serious look. "C'mon, we should get going if we wanna catch them before they get to far away." Nathan agreed and both headed out to complete their mission.

. . .

"What do you mean they found us?" Kyra questioned. Alex and Ryan had detected a scent on their way back from the beach last night. Though Ryan wasn't quite sure, Alex was certain it was his former duo. "I mean, it's them! We need to be ready!" "Well, you already redesigned my daggers and taught me to use them. Kyra can make her own weapons, all we need to do is make a weapon for you." Alex relaxed a little but still looked tense. Ryan walked over and petted the musician getting an adorable purr in response. "We can do it. Let's go ahead and get started."

. . .

(During sunset)

"We've made it." The duo was now on the beach near Ryan's house. "They're definitely close." "You got that right!" They turned around to see Ryan standing there with his daggers gleaming from the setting sun. "Who are you?" Timmy questioned with his new dagger pulled out. Nathan followed by pulling his new sword out. Both noticed the design on the blue eyed boy's blades. "Name's Ryan. You're talking about Alex right?" Both stiffened at the way their cat's name was uttered out someone else's mouth. Tummy yelled"Where is he?!" "Woah, relax. Him and Kyra will stay with me, so why don't you both just leave now before things get real tense." He now drew the blades into a battle stance. Timmy cloned himself 9 clones and sent them on a rampage. Ryan wasted no time and pushed the bottoms of the blades together. They connected and entended into a long, smooth, black staff with the electric blades on opposite ends. He did a few spins before he blocked the army, getting a slight charge. He electrocuted the clones and continued twirling the dual spear for a strong charge. He separated it back to two blades and sent a charged blast of lighting into the brunette. The shock paralyzed him until he passed out and Ryan sent another wave of electrical energy at Nathan. He dodged it and did something unpredictable. He dropped his weapon and raised his hands in the air. "Can we talk?" Ryan decided it was safe. "Look, Alex seems pretty happy with you and all, but the fact of the matter is that Timmy won't stop fighting for him. He loves Alex like the brother he never had and it's been really stressful for him. Let's drop Kyra's charges in exchange for Alex." Ryan spoke calmly. "I can't just hand him over like that. It's up to him to decide that. Ask him yourself." One of the nearby trees disappeared revealing Kyra and Alex. "Alex!" Nathan ran to him but was stopped by Ryan who stood between them. Alex looked at the wolf with his new golden eyes. "Nathan....take Timmy and go home." "But-" "He needs to understand that its either let us be free or try to take us down. Understand?" Timmy groaned as he came too. "...n-no, I won't let you get away from me." He struggled to his knees when he saw Alex there in front of him."Timothy-" The brunette staggered. Hearing the cat use his full name hurt him on the inside. "You need to accept this. What do you think you'll accomplish by taking me back? Do you honestly think that things will be the same? Well it won't. Leave...before I have to make you." Timmy thought that last part sounded shaky and looked up into his golden eyes. They were filled with tears waiting to pounce onto the ground. He couldn't bare the idea of the kitten suffering like that. "Alright, we'll leave...but we will be back. And next time, we'll get you back kitten." Nathan picked him up as they sped off. Kyra walked up to Alex putting her hand on his shoulder. "You okay?" He looked back toward where they ran off. "Yeah...for now.

. . .

"How were we not ready?" Timmy questioned no longer paralyzed. They were in the gym boxing with each other. "That Ryan guy is stronger than he gives on. Plus kitten obviously upgraded his weapons. But he isn't the only problem, that girl and Alex both have new powers. We have to be fully prepared to take them on... Because they won't go down without a fight." He threw a hard right straight at the brunette. He blocked it and retaliated as he spoke."That's a problem. We only know that Ryan guy's power. Kitten and Kyra obviously got hit by the hyper moon. Wait! Weren't they hiding behind a tree?" "Yeah so?" "A tree?....in the middle of a beach? Plus it disappeared, which means one of them has some sort of nature power." He punched Nathan hard in the chest, knocking him onto the padded floor in the process. "All we need is to know kitten's power and we'll be ready."

. . .

The trio were walking back home when Alex spoke up. "You did an amazing job Ryan. But...what if they do come back." The blonde saw the distraught pain in the golden eyes. He puffed his strong chest out and flexed his biceps."Then they'll have to deal with me!" He, Alex, and Kyra laughed and smaller cat finally relaxed, remembering to trust his friends. "Well I don't know about you boys but I'm hungry. Why don't we grab something to eat? My treat." She whipped out a stack of dollars and Alex imagined what they would eat. Ryan spoke up. "How about some pizza?" Alex gave a confused look at the blonde cat since he never heard of it and he laughed. "Its good. Trust me." They grabbed a large pepperoni pizza with pinapples. Alex mewled at the pleasant aroma the box gave off and insisted that Ryan hold it so that he wouldn't be tempted. When they reached home the smaller cat took his first bite and then his first slice, loving the sweet yet tangy taste. "Mmmm" They all ate and Alex turned in early, leaving the girl and the other cat alone. "Do you think Alex will be ok?" She asked seeming concerned. "Yeah, he's fine. Don't stress ok?" She nodded, now looking into his eyes.....those bright blue eyes. Ryan smelled the strawberry scent with his nose and his cat ears perked in joy. They unnoticeably got close to each others faces and she leaned in instinctively....kissing. Ryan pulled away after a few seconds wide eyed in horror at what they'd just done. "Oh no."