Ch.1- Panic Attacks & Mates

✩  ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙  *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ 

It was the usual average and boring Monday and Alec was just finishing off their shift at their workplace. They were getting changed when their so called friend decided to bring up something that forever changed their life.

"Hey Alec wanna come with me to a speed dating place? You really need to get over yourself now it's been ages since you've gone on a date, so stop being stupid when it comes to men and why not come with me??" Their (obviously) toxic friend Selene asked.

Alec ignored her, clearly uncomfortable with the situation however Selene decided to press on. "Oh come on stop being an idiot, your such a whiney baby you need to get a grip. Your coming out with me whether you like it or not." Selene stated her voice becoming more stern as she continued speaking.

Alec felt their anxiety build up. The likelihood of being forced to go where they clearly didn't want to go being the cause. They let out a few shaky breaths looking down at the floor, trying to find a distraction and keep them self from going into panic before replying, "Please just shut up, I'm not coming. Stop trying to force me into things I don't want to do." It came out weaker than they expected and they slowly raised their head nervousness on their features.

"You're no fun anymore just because you had a bad experience with what? 2..3 guys doesn't mean you should stop dating. Now come on stop being a pussy, I'll pick you up at 7." Selene replied with a scoff. She rolled her eyes before she straightened up her outfit looking in the changing room mirror before fixing small aspects of her makeup.

That was it for Alec they finally had it, enough was enough, after all they'd been through they were sick of the way Selene treated them and they finally lost it with their 'best friend'. They slapped her straight across the face with enough force to make her head turn to the side. After realising what they'd just done and how much of a mistake that was, panic sunk into their features. Stacey stood there stunned with her mouth agape until she realised what had happened, her face contorting into rage.

Scared, panicked and anxious; Alec ran out of the shop in their normal outfit and ran through the shopping centre until they were sure they lost Selene. They then broke down, tears cascading down their face slow at first but getting quicker as they struggled to control their built up emotions. They immediately put their face in their hands while sinking to the floor and leaning on the glass barrier that overlooked the middle of the shopping centre.

Their breath grew heavier and they begun to panic more. They couldn't breathe, their throat was closing up and it felt tight and restricted. Their begun to feel like they were looking through a tunnel, barely being able to see a thing, all their thoughts being consumed with the tightness of their throat and their heavy breaths. Just to make things worse they were alone and had no one who could help them. And amongst all the chaos swirling in their head they failed to notice 4 of their mate marks beginning to burn.

They sat there for a few minutes slowly managing to calm them self until the only trace of their panic attack were a few stray tears and slightly uneven breathing. Out of nowhere, a blur of colour entered their vision and a figure appeared in-front of them embracing their body. They felt a spark, "crap...this can't be happening" they mumbled under their breath. They quickly wiped away the tears and looked up to see a man, a very familiar man.

As soon as it clicked that it was Pietro who was the one embracing them and Tony Stark crouched a few steps away from their shaking body as well as a few of their other mates their eyes widened and they quickly made a dash for the exit not wanting to see their mates after everything that had occluded already. They decided to generate wind under their feet to help propel them quicker towards the exit, which in the moment seemed miles away, in order to get past their soulmates which stunned the 4 men. Then while they were distracted they were about to use a clone incase one of them spotted them but one of their soulmates decided to run in front of them in a flash of blue.

Alec smirked weakly and chuckled "two can play at that game," they stated cockily. The speedster known as quicksilver raised an eyebrow in confusion and with that Alec decided to use wind emitting from their hand to propel them away. They flew through the people in the shopping place as they shopped, with pietro on their tail.

They huffed I'm frustration before saying "bye bye pretty boy" and before he could even blink they were gone. Pietro trudged back to tony, Loki and Stephen with a dejected look and they decided to give him a hug before tony realised something.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Chapter one is finished (and now edited too) let me know if you have any tips in the comments. I'll be publishing a chapter every few days depending on how many chapters I have in my drafts.

9/2/21 (English date)

Me being stupid wrote all of Ash's pronouns as she so I had to change them all 😂

19/2/21 - I have so many mistakes I'm going through my entire book and fixing all the mistakes I missed so I'm sorry ant all the pronoun mix ups and mistakes in the story

19Th March 2022 hopefully I get at least another 2 chapters edited today :D
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Date published: 7th February 2021
Edited: 19th February 2021
Date edited (2): 19Th March 2022
3rd edit: 17th December 2022

Word count: 1000 (previously 635 and 883)