Prologue

~ ~  1998 KingsHead, Montana Mountains  ~ ~

~ ~ 1998 KingsHead, Montana Mountains ~ ~

As if the Divine herself had taken a hand in fate.  The solar system would shift, allowing those to witness their bold colours in the velvet black of the night sky. 

Tonight, would bring a night not seen for nearly two thousand years.  The heavens were about to align.

The entire Kings Moon Pack assembled for this momentous occurrence.  The birthing of their future bloodline and the foretelling of rebirth. One that could not be prevented, but perhaps its fate altered in some small way.

To the South, in the blackness of the woods beyond sight, Four Elder Witches endured, rooted to their spots, palms up towards the blessing of the moon. For hours they had chanted in a language not spoken for eons.  Their individual positions aligned North, South, East and West, along Mother Earth's LeyLines, where the energy ran deep within the earth, like veins flowing in and out of the heart.  Each witch summoning the element nature had bestowed, Wind, Earth, Water and Fire. 

In the North, cries ricocheted from inside the pack house, Luna Melinda panted heavily, knees up towards her chest, her temples throbbed.

"Another push Luna," coaxed Eve, the pack's healer and a witch herself.  "I can see a head." The first twin crowned the birthing canal.  Glancing to her left, the full moon sat in its rightful position like a savoured dream over the skies, lifting the surrounding blackness into beauty.  Returning her attention to the birth of her Alphas pups, she felt the surrounding air change. 

Her Luna would need to deliver soon.

Melinda pushed with every ounce of her failing strength; eight hours would take a toll on any woman's body.  She shook as she bared down, pushing through the weariness.

"Please Luna—You must push."

Melinda's scream was heard far and wide as the cry of her first daughter made her entrance into the world.

Alpha Caleb King let out a sigh of relief as he looked down proudly at his mate, cupping her cheek.

Eve looked up. Pride swelled in her chest.  She had never doubted her Luna's strength. But time was of the essence. "I know that you're tired Luna, but we must prevail."

Melinda pulled her legs closer to her chest.  She could do this.  Hair stuck to her forehead, panting as sweat trickled down her throat, between her breasts.

Eve flicked her head in the Alpha Caleb's direction. She could see her Luna energy was almost spent. 

Caleb bent down, pressing a soft kiss to his mate's forehead.  "You can do this, my love. You are strong. The goddess herself blessed me with me the strongest mate."

Panting, Melinda took strength in his words.  A smile crept out of the pain etched across her face.  "Your love is what gives me might, my fearless, stubborn Alpha."