f o u r

Eris and Miles argued about the littlest details, yet also stifled their laughter at the silliest things.

they were total opposites, but what is order without chaos?

and what she liked about him best was just simply him himself, because no one ever felt like home to Eris except Miles Wilson.

she pushed the thought of liking him away because their friendship was the most important thing to her; and she liked the way things were already.

but she couldn't because you can't really control how you feel about someone, can you?

what happened had hurt Eris so much to the point that she'd be out almost every weekend downong shots of vodka in an hour and come home so drunk she could even barely walk.

because vodka was easier to swallow than the truth that her friend betrayed her.

maybe she should've listened to the rumors, after all there wouldn't be fire without sparks.

finally arriving at her house, her friend leaves her in the kitchen to get a glass of water for her and the next thing she knows she was hugging her knees and crying so much that even she didn't know how to stop herself from doing so.

'oh, Eris...' her friend helps her up again looking at her pitiful state. 'Get up.'

'why couldn't the people she love, love her back? was she that hard to love? was there something wrong with her?' these thought spiraled in her head because it simply didn't add up how Miles told her he was still hung up on Andrea and a few days later be with Talia?

did that mean that Miles had just lied to her?

'it would've hurt less if he had just said he only ever saw me as a friend,' she thought.

she looked at herself in her full sized mirror after her friend had already left her in her bedroom; she was sitting on the floor, mascara running down her cheeks.

she slowly removed her lipstick with her thumb and laughed.

she let out a humorless laugh and then smashed the glass pitcher on her bed side's table.

she didn't care if it pierced through her skin, it would've hurt less than what she was feeling right now.

she felt good after smashing that bottle, and at that moment she understood her mom a little bit.

// a u t h o r ' s  n o t e //

What was your best and worst memory with them?