t e n

Everyone seemed to have moved on from what happened a few months later, but it took Eris a year; healing for a year may be long to others but it was enough for her. She took her time in doing so and for the first time in her life, it felt nice putting herself first.

and in that year, she learned to forgive herself as well. she forgave her mother, Miles, Talia, and everyone else who had ever hurt her.

because after all, you can't heal a wound by pretending it's not there; you need to acknowledge it and care for it.

it's okay if it hits you all over again, because healing isn't a timeline; there will be days when you'll think about it because you think you don't deserve what you went through

and it's okay.

you really didn't deserve it, but you needed it.

you're on your way there and you'll get there eventually, trust me.

don't ever think you're weak for hurting; you're healing and for that I'm proud of you. you'll learn to be happy by yourself and that will be the greatest decision you've ever made.

and always remember, you deserve to love and be loved.

// a u t h o r ' s n o t e //

the last chapter will be a dare: what are the things you've always wanted to do? do them. treat yourself.

if you've read this far, please, please read the next chapter!