Chapter 2: Lily and James

Lily POV:

Bright white light, and then darkness, before I opened my eyes. Where was I? Harry. Where's Harry?! I got up to find a horrible sight. Absolute wreckage. What happened? Harry's crib wasn't even a crib anymore. It was in pieces and looked like it was a thousand years old. It didn't even look like a crib anymore. Did they get to Harry? I was about to cry when I stopped myself and knew I should look around.

It looked like our house. In Godric's Hallow. But after how many years? Why was there total wreckage? How was I alive? Where was James? Oh, how I missed him and Harry. I examined the room, and found my wand near me on the ground, under a few pieces of broken wood. I grabbed it and headed down the stairs. The stairs weren't even stairs anymore and I edged down them.

"Lumos," I muttered, edging my way down the stairs.

The stairs creaked and I had to be careful to not trip in the wreckage, but soon, my heart stopped. There was another light near the front door. Who could it be?

"Nox," I whispered, a little too loudly.

"Hello?" I heard a voice say.

My heart fluttered. I knew that voice all too well. But it couldn't be. How was he alive? How was I alive? How is any of this possible? Is this real? I edged my way down the stairs, careful to not fall, and found James pointing his lit-up wand at me. The sun was starting to rise, so he put it out, so for a moment, we just stared at each other. Wondering, how could any of this be real?

"James." I breathed out, on the verge of tears.

I summoned the happiest memory I could think of, and out flew the doe Patronus from my wand. I heard James make a noise, and soon, he turned into a stag. I ran up to the animal, and just as I reached it, it transformed back into James. The love of my life. My husband, James.

"Lily." He breathed, enveloping me in a large embrace.

I wrapped my arms around him and sobbed for a moment. Soon, I looked up at him and kissed him hard on the lips. It was definitely James. He picked me up and spun me around for a moment before we ended the kiss and placed our foreheads together.

"How is this possible?" I breathed.

"Did he leave? Did you fight him off? What happened?" I bombarded him with questions.

"Did you wake up where you- you know- died?" He asked me, shaking slightly.

"Yes. In front of Harry's crib." I whispered, thinking of my baby.

"I woke up in the kitchen." He said, avoiding the word "died" and holding me tighter.

"What happened? What's going on?" I said, worriedly.

"Where's Harry?" I asked again, getting to the most important question.

"Sirius has to know." He said, looking me dead in the eyes.

"Well let's go," I said, grabbing his arm and going towards the fireplace.

"Lily. The fireplace is probably wrecked, let's apparate from outside." He said, softly turning me around.

"Okay," I said with tears in my eyes.

"You're doing it though," I said, following his grasp, out the door.

I wasn't in the right state to apparate, in fact, I would probably cut us both in half if I attempted to apparate right now with my shaky hands. Our fingers were intertwined as we made our way outside, observing the ruins of our, once, beautiful home. James squeezed my hand and pulled me along.

"James." I breathed, seeing the statue in front of our house.

"James and Lily Potter, 1981. The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death."

James gasped and pulled me closer. We stared at the grey statue of me, James, and baby Harry. All together in the statue, unlike right now. I cried in James's arms for a minute and then regrouped myself.

"I wouldn't have died with anyone else other than you." James breathed into my ear.

I smiled sadly and continued to stay in his embrace.

"I love you, James," I whispered as if it was the first time I had said it.

"I love you, Lily." He said back, treasuring this moment, and holding me tightly.

I was speechless. The statue clearly said that we had died in 1981, here we were, crying in each other's arms in front of the statue that said he had died. But what year was it?

"Let's go find Padfoot," I whispered.

"He'll know what to do." James chuckled, kissing my forehead and grabbing my hand before we both exited the ruins of our house.

"Ready?" He said once we both were staring at the ruins of our once, house.

You could start to see the sun creeping in behind the wreckage, as I responded

"Yes."

We immediately both disapparated and appeared in front of Grimmauld Place 13. There was no one around, but I immediately put up a few protection spells, so no one would see us if we had to do magic, especially since the sun was starting to rise overhead. James was watching me put up the charms, and he stared curiously at the buildings in front of him. Suddenly, we heard a

Pop!

We both immediately turned our heads to the noise and saw him standing there, looking at us, bewildered. There he was, Padfoot. Otherwise, known as

Sirius Black.

The next chapter will be longer! I promise!!