Chapter 10: Mr. Potter

James POV:

It was impossible. I mourned with Lily for this girl when she was murdered. Harry didn't know her actually, so how could she be back alive?

"She knew him when he was a baby." Lily breathed, answering my mental question.

"That would count?" She asked.

"It appears that it might count if Ms. McKinnon is indeed somewhere in the castle, and we should start to figure this out," Dumbledore said softly.

"Today if you will Mr. Potter," McGonagall said.

"Which one?" I asked cheekily, giving her a wide grin with a stare as she sighed.

"Off with you both." She sighed at me and Harry.

I smirked and looked at everyone else in the room before I took off with Harry and the map, locating Marlene and Sirius, who were about to run into each other.

"Did you know her well?" Harry asked as we walked down the hallways.

"Best friends. All of us." I let out, thinking.

"I honestly can't believe I'm even talking to you," Harry whispered.

I smiled sadly and hugged him again, this time being alone and being more meaningful.

"I really missed you." Harry whimpered.

"I did too," I said sadly as I swayed on my feet very slowly.

"So you're my dad," Harry started, looking at me again.

I laughed and spoke again.

"I'm pretty sure." I chuckled.

"Wow." He breathed.

"I know!" I gasped, posing for him as he hit my shoulder.

"I can't tell if you rubbed off on Sirius or if Sirius rubbed off on you." Harry laughed.

"Or if we're twins," I suggested.

"Definitely a possibility." He said as he thought about what to say next.

"So, I guess we have to find them before I can tell you anything." Harry groaned.

I sighed and searched for them on the map.

"Actually," Harry started as I looked up to him again.

"I can tell a few things." He smirked.

I smirked right back and listened intently.

"Well, as you probably know, Voldemort vanished because he couldn't kill me because mum did the ancient love charm that protected me by dying for me, so he disappeared and everyone thought he was dead." Harry started.

"Sirius was innocently imprisoned, and Peter escaped." He continued.

"Everyone rejoiced because they thought a baby had finally beat him and he was gone, but he wasn't really." He continued.

"He was in a sort of spirit or ghost that needed a body, but past that is when everything starts, so that's actually pretty much I can tell you without explaining 7 entire years of my life." He finished.

"Huh." I let out, thinking deeply.

"What about normal things? Like school or-" I started, but he finished my question.

"Quidditch?" He asked.

"I never liked quidditch." He said casually.

I was internally disappointed, but his frown soon turned into a grin.

"I'm only joking!" He laughed as I sighed.

"I started playing in the first year." He went on.

"First-year?!" I exclaimed in shock.

"Yup. McGonagall saw me and allowed it." He continued.

"Wow!" I exclaimed.

"I started in second year," I pouted as he smiled.

"What did you play as?" I asked excitedly.

"Seeker." He replied.

"That was my backup!" I exclaimed.

"I would play seeker when the actual seeker couldn't make it, but I was mostly a chaser, and Sirius was always a beater." I laughed, remembering everything.

"Really?" He asked, interest sparking in him.

"Of course!" I exclaimed as he laughed.

"I told Lily you'd inherit my quidditch skills!" I exclaimed.

Harry laughed and I saw his eyes more clearly. Identical to the ones I fell in love with.

"I know, they're identical to mum's." He said quickly.

"I would know that all too well," I said softly.

"That's a better answer!" He replied.

"Everyone else just tells me they look like my mother's or that they're beautiful." He went on.

"I know that color very well." I started.

"I got to know those eyes a bit better around the sixth year, that's when they would start looking back at mine instead of scoffing." I chuckled at the memories.

Harry smiled but stayed silent until we made it to the corner where we saw Sirius and Marlene awfully close on the map. They probably heard us as we rounded the corner because they both jumped and faced our direction.

The dark blonde was staring at me in shock and Sirius was sporting a smug look.

"Are you seeing double as well?" Sirius said, acting as if he was observing us.

"Still carrying around the map I see," Marlene smirked as she walked towards me and I pulled her into a big hug.

"Harry," I started as we pulled out of the hug.

"This is your supposed godmother!" I exclaimed as Harry shot me a look.

"Thank you for the introduction James," Marlene snapped as she took a deep breath.

"Marlene will do," She said as she approached Harry and curiously stared at him.

"Sorry it's just- the last time I saw you, you were just a baby," Marlene breathed as she put a hand on Harry's shoulder.

"Same for me," I said sadly.

"What?" Marlene snapped, turning around to stare at me instantly.

"We died. We all did," I said, pointing towards Sirius and her.

"And Lily?" Marlene breathed.

"She saved Harry," I said in a serious tone.

"What?" Marlene's voice cracked as her eyes became teary.

"OH stop your wallowing! I told you she's upstairs," Sirius snapped as he clapped Harry on the back and snatched the map from me.

"WHAT?!" Marlene exclaimed angrily.

"Maybe it's best if I show you all everything- if you're all up for it," Harry piped up, catching our attention.

HI!!! Sorry for the late update!! I've been working on other stories and school but soon I'll be posting more often!! tysm for reading!