Four.

It hasn't even been an hour yet when Louis and I get asked to leave the library for singing How to Save a Life too loudly. We studied for about ten minutes and pretty much acted stupid the rest of the time. We exit the library together, still chuckling about the whole situation.

"You're an idiot," Louis expresses, covering his mouth to muffle his laughter.

"Me?" I challenge, "You were the one trying to sing four octaves higher than your voice can actually go!"

Louis let out another loud, adorable laugh, tossing his head back. I just smile at him.

"We're both idiots, then."

I nod in agreement. We reach the exit of the building and Louis peers over at me expectantly, "Are you going to your's?"

I shrug, "Suppose I haven't got anything else to do."

"You should hang out with me so I don't have to go home," He suggests sheepishly, as if not sure what I'd say.

I smile. "I'd love to."

A returning smile plays across his lips, "Great. Where to?"

I hum, "I dunno of anywhere particularly fun in this town."

"Show me around Holmes Chapel, honorary citizen." Louis decides as we begin ambling down the pavement and away from the school building. I lift an eyebrow at him.

"Haven't you lived here for, like, three years?"

"Yes," he confirmed. "But I still haven't been around, y'know? I think the most Holmes Chapel-y place I've been is that cute little bakery down the road."

"I applied for a job there last week, but I haven't heard anything back. I don't think I'm getting a job."

Louis shrugs, "Maybe they're just taking their time."

"Maybe," I agree, stopping at a cross-walk. "What would you like to see, tourist?"

"Hmm. Somewhere that's like... Special. I'm not being very descriptive but I think you know what I mean,"

"I think I do, too. C'mon,"

I drag Louis down to the park that's across from a strip of businesses. He gives me skeptical glances as we trot passed the child-inhabited playground but I tell him to trust me. I take him to the wooded area skirts the park. I wasn't allowed to explore it's wonders until Mum finally let me when I was nine. After that, it was hard to get me away.

I lead him through the foliage where a small clearing is found. I grin, taking in the breaths of the clear air and bright blue sky, the familiar and picturesque scenery of my get-away place comforting me immediately. It's always been my small little vacation spot from all the things that go on in my life.

I turn to Louis, awaiting his reaction. I watch as his gorgeous blue eyes scan the area. A small grin creeps onto his thin lips, and he gives me a side-glance. "This is horrendously cheesy."

"Yeah, you love it."

Louis rolls his eyes and we continue our descent further into my unofficial domain. We have little to no conversation as I lead him down the man-made trail, admiring the various species of plants and small noises created by the nature that surrounds us. It is a bit weird of a thing for a seventeen-year-old boy to enjoy so much. It's not like I'm a huge eco-friendly fanatic; I just enjoy the simplicity of nature sometimes. It's just trees and the sun and bird's chirping. It's nice to forget that anything else exists.

When we make it to the stream, I look at Louis over my shoulder. "I won't drag you any further, I promise."

He chuckles "Is this what all kids in Cheshire do for fun, then?"