Eight.

a/n: this update took far longer than planned

i've been wanting to finish this story and get back to my other one, but my teachers decided to wait until the very last week of school to give us two ass-loads of projects, and i sort of became obsessed with Lord of the Flies. so, i will try and wrap up this story within this chapter.

love you guys, thanks so much for reading. xx

-Julia

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm indignant. Beyond that; I'm embarrassed. Louis called me out and I have to own up to his accurate accusation. I don't want to. I want him to come to me with puffy red eyes apologizing, telling me how sorry he is and how wrong he was. I suppose I already had that chance. I'd take him back if I'd known I was going to have to be the one to beg for forgiveness later on.

There are many things I hate in life. People, arrogant people, stupid people, being tired, my asthma, my father, and admitting I'm wrong. It's so hard for me to hike up my skirt and let an apology slip from my mouth. I feel weak and embarrassed when I do.

More than I want to had my pride intact, I want Louis back. I miss him like I'd miss my leg if it had been torn off somehow.

So I aimlessly wonder around in our ex-secret hangout with my head swimming of thoughts and feelings and what the hell am I to do's. I wish it was simple, and I could just go up to him and ask for him to be my boyfriend, but it isn't that easy. That's my fault, but once again, blaming it on Louis makes me more comfortable.

I sit myself on the rock where this whole catastrophe took place and release a long, heavy sigh. I peer up through the autumn leaves that are barely holding onto their branches and into the clear blue sky.

"I wish I could just start over," I mutter aloud and avert my eyes back to the Earth as the bright, yellow sun caused my eyes to ache. War flash-backs pierce through my head as I think of my first kiss with Louis here. I think about how long I've day-dreamed about that moment in various classes and how right it felt when it finally occurred. I can't help but smile a little.

I start to recall the fact that Louis is all I've wanted for ages. Three years ago is when I began to develop feelings for that boy, and now I'm letting him slip away. I have reasonable cause to be offended, but he has apologized and he is trying to improve the circumstances for the both of us. He can't remove the words spilled about his sexual orientation and that was a step I hadn't expected him to take for my sake. Maybe he truly does love me.

I stand to my feet, determination in my veins like felix felicis. I trek out of the woods and make good time towards Louis', praying that he's there.

_

I tentatively pound on the grand front door without the security of Liam beside me this time. I feel completely vulnerable, but I don't mind much. I'm here for a reason and my mission won't be hindered by any conflicting emotion fluttering around inside my skull, urging me to turn around.

My heart crawls up my throat when the front door swings open and a damp-haired Louis is revealed in the entrance. He's clad in sports shorts and a form-fitting black shirt. His blue eyes scrutinize my presence as if deciding whether or not it's me or a hologram.

"Hello," He's the first to greet.

I clear my throat. "Hi, Lou. I came to sort things out..."

Louis, for a split second, was indignantly surprised. He tossed both eyes to the side with a raise of both eyebrows. He stared at his feet after this. "C'mon in, then. I'm home alone."