six | VI

ミ☆

moon carver was not quite what (y/n) expected to come across.

"who dares step onto holy land unannounced?"

a large stag had emerged from thin air when she drew closer to his domain. his voice was like booming thunder amidst a heavy rainstorm, and his antlers branched out wildly as if they were a tree left unkempt in the wild for centuries on end. moon carver's eyes glowed yellow and his fur was adorned with various orange and green undertones. he was a beautiful creature, but not one to be trifled with.

"i've brought a sigil with me. could i spend a few moments speaking with you?" she proceeded to introduce herself respectfully, finishing her statement with a slight bow towards the adeptus. he pawed at the ground as if this were an inconvenience to him, which in all honestly, it probably was.

"i'm not one to give out blessings when they are unwarranted. be aware that you will be judged in accordance to what you are seeking, young one," he said.

she straightened her posture, standing idly. "actually, i didn't come here looking to receive a blessing. i just had a few questions i was hoping you could answer."

his cranium lowered and a huff of air escaped his nose. for a deer, it was quite easy to analyze his mannerisms. she suspected he was contemplating her query.

"i suppose a few questions wouldn't hurt. one cannot guarantee all answers you seek, however, some things are better left unknown." archons, he was mysterious, and for what? (y/n) cleared her throat tentatively.

however, before she could express her next words, the faint sound of voices began creeping up behind her. moon carver raised his head to peer over the girl's body, and she swiveled around as well.

"you dare come to jeuyan karst after fleeing the scene! you have some nerve, assassin," a few millelith guards appeared to have made their way up to qingyun peak shortly after she arrived. cursing silently, (y/n) took a few cautious steps back, finding herself at the side of the adeptus.

before the guards advanced, they hesitantly muttered amongst themselves, and it was apparent that they were wary about stepping onto the sacred grounds that harbored moon carver. the stag chuffed in annoyance and his warm breath graced the top of her head.

"the presence of so many is unwanted. please see them gone, young one," he murmured, maw unmoving as he spoke. despite this, his words still reverberated in her mind. with a curt nod, she summoned her katana and readied herself.

whilst being jabbed at with multiple polearms, (y/n) managed to take them out group by group, making sure to use the dull side of the blade so as not to injure anyone too severely. sure, it would be different if this were an army of hilichurls, but these were human beings with fragile lives. no way could she ever bring herself to ever kill someone under such circumstances. working at a funeral parlor has taken its toll on her, after all.

with a grunt, she knocked out the last man standing and proceeded to bow her head in silent prayer. she hated to resort to violence against other humans like this.

their bodies disappeared with a flash of light and the sound of hooves against stone caught her attention. she looked around wildly, eventually sending a fearful glance towards moon carver.