FORTY

Hailey and Ben arrived in Australia on the 20th of december, just in time for christmas. Almost as soon as they were settled into her house, she dragged out all her christmas decorations in order to create a more festive vibe. The couple was currently in the process of decorating Haileys battered plastic tree and she had to admit, they were doing a good job.

"So if your family's chinese, why do you celebrate christmas?" Ben asks, clearly feeling confused as to why they were putting up these decorations when she told him they don't celebrate it.

"That's where you're mistaken." she replies, placing another ornament on the tree. "For starters, they do celebrate christmas in China, just my mums family doesn't. They don't call it christmas though, it's Sheng Dan Jieh. Secondly, my mums Chinese but my dad was Italian, therefore we were raised catholic for the most part since we grew up here."

"I think you have the most interesting family dynamic i've ever seen." he chuckles, moving closer to her.
"Tell me about it. You need to pay more attention to what I tell you though."

"Hm. Maybe our next trip together can be to China then." he suggests, wrapping his arms around her waist. "That way I can be educated and get to know more about you in the process."

     Hailey couldn't help the butterflies going around her stomach when he said that. She's never had anyone care enough about her family dynamic to want to actually learn all about it but then again she hasn't been in many proper relationships.

     The brunette wraps her arms tighter around his neck and pushes herself up onto her toes, placing a gentle kiss on his lips. The kiss was full of sincerity and appreciation, because if she couldn't tell him how much she cared for him and how much she appreciates him then she'd show him.

     The blonde man instantly intensifies the kiss, causing the situation to escalate quickly. He swiftly picks her up, making her let out a giggle and moves them over onto the couch but before things could go any further with the couple Haileys phone rang. Ben groaned as she quickly apologized pulling her phone out of her pocket, nothing less than shocked to see Rudys contact on her screen.

     The man under her was clearly confused as well, for as far as he knew she hasn't spoken to Rudy in the past four months. Judging by the way her eyebrows were furrowed and the frown on her lips, she was confused as well which ultimately caused her to answer the call.

"Hello?" she speaks, hearing nothing on the other end. "Rudy? Are you there?" More silence. And just as she was about to hang up, thinking he called by accident, he spoke.

"Are you happy?" he asks, his voice hoarse either from tiredness or from sadness, she couldn't tell.
"Rudy are you okay?"
"Are you happy, Hailey?"
"Yeah. Yes, I am. Where are you?"

"I'm such an idiot." he cries into the phone, "I messed up the best thing I had going for me and I didn't even realize I did it. And now you're with someone else and you're happy and i'm still where you left me. Upset and in love with you."

"Rudy are you drunk?" she asked, her voice laced with concern as she pushed herself off Bens lap and starting to text Chase to ask if he knew where the blonde boy was. "Where are you right now?"

     She gained no response from the boy once more when all of a sudden he started sobbing into the phone. She couldn't help the soft break in her heart hearing him so distraught, looking over to Ben for any sign of help but he was only looking at her in concern. Whether for her or the blonde on the other end of the line, she wasn't sure.

"God, I'm still so in love with you Hailey." he sobs, she finally gets a text back from Chase saying JD knew where Rudy was. "I know that's unfair to you because you don't want me anymore but I can't help it. I don't want to lose you."

"Rudy, you know i'll always be here for you." she speaks back softly. "Maybe not in the way you want me to be but i'm still here."

     There was no reply from the boy himself but after calling out his name a couple times, she could hear Chases voice clearly.
"Hey Hails, we've got him." he assures, causing the girl to let out a small breath of relief.
"Is he okay?"
"To be honest, I don't know. He'll work it out though, thanks for talking to him. See you soon Hailey."

     As soon as he hung up the girl took in a big breath, clearly very confused and annoyed at the whole situation. She rubbed her hands down her face as she paced around her living room but was abruptly stopped by her boyfriend pulling her into his arms and placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

AN: haha i love hurting them and i'm not sorry

sidenote: why is it forty and not fourty? like four? it's eating me up and i can't find an explanation!

quick question do you guys rather have one longer update a day or the current double updates?